XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any owners in the N. County San Diego area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any owners in the N. County San Diego area?

Anyone here in the North County San Diego area? I would love to meet you for coffee and take a look at your car. I have never even seen one up close or sat in one. I would appreciate the opportunity to check one out from an owner instead of going to a dealership.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:20 PM

Hi, I used to live in Ramona for 8 years, and now live up north in Santa Cruz, but I still look at XK8 prices frequently on the San Diego Craigslist. I saw a killer deal in Ramona a couple of weeks ago. But if your a buyer, you could use that base to look, and learn about XK's and their prices. (and maybe drive them as well). I see a lot around Vista and Oceanside. The best advice is to spend all the time you can in this forum, and learn from the best there is. I did that for a couple of month's before buying my XK8. There's lots to learn before buying. Knowledge is your best friend in buying the right Jaguar. Good Luck

Old 12-23-2012, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by nofearzz
Hi, I used to live in Ramona for 8 years, and now live up north in Santa Cruz, but I still look at XK8 prices frequently on the San Diego Craigslist. I saw a killer deal in Ramona a couple of weeks ago. But if your a buyer, you could use that base to look, and learn about XK's and their prices. (and maybe drive them as well). I see a lot around Vista and Oceanside. The best advice is to spend all the time you can in this forum, and learn from the best there is. I did that for a couple of month's before buying my XK8. There's lots to learn before buying. Knowledge is your best friend in buying the right Jaguar. Good Luck
I hope to be buying one in January. I found two sweet ones up in LA that I have my eyes on. A 99 and a 2000. Both BRG coups (where's the drool icon?). I've just never seen one up close. It would be nice to see one in person before actually buying one.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

I live in Los Angeles but get down to San Diego every few months to visit our restaurant on Coronado (Coronado Firehouse Bar and Grill, a shameless pitch).
When I come down, I usually get a round of golf in, so if you'd like to use my car for about 5 hours while I'm playing to get an idea about what they're like up close and personal, you're welcome to do so. Send me an email with your information, and I'll get in touch. tberg@dslextreme.com
Ted

Old 12-23-2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by tberg
I live in Los Angeles but get down to San Diego every few months to visit our restaurant on Coronado (Coronado Firehouse Bar and Grill, a shameless pitch).
When I come down, I usually get a round of golf in, so if you'd like to use my car for about 5 hours while I'm playing to get an idea about what they're like up close and personal, you're welcome to do so. Send me an email with your information, and I'll get in touch. tberg@dslextreme.com
Ted
I sent you an e-mail.