XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Problems After a Hard Reset?

Old 12-22-2016, 09:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Any Problems After a Hard Reset?

As a result of my previous post about the "lurch", one responder said that after a Hard Reset, the transmission eventually re-learned itself and the lurch went away.

When I bought my car from a non-Jaguar dealer, the remote lock/unlock would not work. The dealer got it working after taking it to a Jaguar dealer, and they re-programmed the FOB and car. He claims it cost him $140.
He said the Jaguar dealer thinks the problem started when the battery was disconnected.

I would like to try a hard reset, but don't want to solve one problem and create another one.
Has anyone had problems after disconnecting the battery?
Thanks
Jack

Old 12-22-2016, 12:44 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Doing a hard reset has not affected the remote control in the past. The reprogramming of the remote was done in the security module of the car and not in the fob.

As for doing a hard reset it will not reflash your transmission module or any other module on your car. What it will do is clear your window programming, possible loss of radio stations and take your ECM back to factory specs. Once the car is restarted the RPM’s will jump high but settle down in just a few moments. Reprogram your windows and check your radio stations.