Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried wheel spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Anyone tried wheel spacers?

My XKR deosn't really need them, but I am curious to know what an extra 15mm each side would look like. I have seen these hubcentric H&R spacers - which I fitted to a BMW 330 a few years back to good effect - and wondered what your thoughts were.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

Dont do it if you have 20" wheels fitted, tramlines like a biatch

The following users liked this post:
Frog (09-05-2011)
Old 09-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 369 Likes on 228 Posts

I'll likely be adding 20mm spacers to the rear in the next couple of months, to improve the stance in the rear and fill up some wheel well.

XKRacer has some nice ones...a bit pricey but I like them and have great respect for his work...wheeladapter.com offers them in the US, but they have failed to respond to TWO requests for info through their web "contact us" form.

My only real concern with spacers is that you have to machine out a little pocket for each of the spacer nuts in the back of your wheel. I've never had this done before...but it seems that if they weren't machined PERFECTLY, the wheel would be forever out of balance.

XKRacer, if you have any thoughts on that, I'd love to hear them.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by XKRacer
Dont do it if you have 20" wheels fitted, tramlines like a biatch
Thanks for the heads-up. Bee-atch tramlining is definitely not in my top-ten must haves

Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by The Coupe
I'll likely be adding 20mm spacers to the rear in the next couple of months, to improve the stance in the rear and fill up some wheel well.

XKRacer has some nice ones...a bit pricey but I like them and have great respect for his work...wheeladapter.com offers them in the US, but they have failed to respond to TWO requests for info through their web "contact us" form.

My only real concern with spacers is that you have to machine out a little pocket for each of the spacer nuts in the back of your wheel. I've never had this done before...but it seems that if they weren't machined PERFECTLY, the wheel would be forever out of balance.

XKRacer, if you have any thoughts on that, I'd love to hear them.

I have fitted 1" (25mm) spacers to an XKR with 20" Detroits on..... It looked pheonomenal, filled the arches very nicely with the improved stance... But... Like I said it tramlined like a biatch and rubbed the arches slightly Shame really as it looked so good!

You will only need to open the pocket if you are using wheels from a vehicle with a different PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter), if you are using standard fitment it should not be a problem, this is because the pocket will be on the same PCD as the holes and will give you clearance.

I have a pair of 20mm spacers secondhand I will be getting rid of soon if you really want to have a go?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XKRacer
I have fitted 1" (25mm) spacers to an XKR with 20" Detroits on..... It looked pheonomenal, filled the arches very nicely with the improved stance... But... Like I said it tramlined like a biatch and rubbed the arches slightly Shame really as it looked so good!

You will only need to open the pocket if you are using wheels from a vehicle with a different PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter), if you are using standard fitment it should not be a problem, this is because the pocket will be on the same PCD as the holes and will give you clearance.

I have a pair of 20mm spacers secondhand I will be getting rid of soon if you really want to have a go?
XKRacer,

I'm interested in those...I've got 18x9 Double Five wheels, and I'm only planning. to put spacers on the rear. Please PM me with pricing details... and thanks very much.