XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arden body kit. Tell the truth!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Arden body kit. Tell the truth!!

Ok. So now I've just about repaired and updated everything on the car.
Rear shocks
Coolant system
Hydraulic convertible lines
Brakes and rotors
Air con system
Replaced stereo
Replaced badges

Now I'm ready to install the arden kit I bought the same day I bought the car!!
What I want to know is how long is this darn front lower spoiler will stay on?!?!?!
I find the lower front scrapes as it is now when going over driveways with any kind on hump. I'm trying to get used to taking a sharper angle when pulling in hopefully to avoid the bumps.
My buddy at Mina gallery said he had it on his car and, yes, it scraped underneath but was quite sturdy if bonded very securely to the nose. And the scrapes weren't visible from the front.

What's everybody else's experience with this addition. I don't want to have it ripped off within weeks of install.
I'm still looking for a 2005 front nose eventually as I think it would look great with the rest of the arden kit. And hopefully avoid these problems.

Last edited by philhef; 04-30-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,275 Likes on 2,812 Posts

Contact forum member George Androulakis (screen name: androulakis) for the advice you are seeking. He's had his Arden XK8 since last summer. I know he is very protective of it, and as a result he does not drive it often. He's in New Jersey....

Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member

Well. This car has actually almost become my daily driver even though I have a new XF. Believe it or not XK8 gets better mileage.
I'm thinking about installing the front wireless parking sensors somewhere on it.
Just not sure where they'd go!!

Old 05-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Arden kit since 2007...on 97 XK8 and 2002 XKR... Yes, front spoiler will stay on... only problem is... it will get damage from any hump on the street. (parking lot to driveway)
-You need to drive in angle...
-I put "garage door bottom weather strip" from homedepot with hard plastic strip.
(it will help the paint job... and it's cheaper to replace it, when it get damage)
or you can try ebay: Front Bumper Lip Splitter Chin Spoiler Body Kit Valance Trim Wing (Fits: Jaguar)

Attached Thumbnails Arden body kit. Tell the truth!!-razorxl-13353-albums-xkr-arden-2002-1426-picture-3-4033.jpg  

Last edited by razorxl; 05-02-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by razorxl
I had Arden kit since 2007...on 97 XK8 and 2002 XKR... Yes, front spoiler will stay on... only problem is... it will get damage from any hump on the street. (parking lot to driveway)
-You need to drive in angle...
-I put "garage door bottom weather strip" from homedepot with hard plastic strip.
(it will help the paint job... and it's cheaper to replace it, when it get damage)
or you can try ebay: Front Bumper Lip Splitter Chin Spoiler Body Kit Valance Trim Wing (Fits: Jaguar)

That's what I thought. I'm already scraping underneath without the kit!! I. Still looking for a 2005 front bumper to use instead of the arden spoiler. I'll probably go ahead and install and take my chances. I'm most worried about my own driveway!! Ain't that a kicker!!

Old 06-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Arden problems

Not to hijack this thread but i ordered a 2000 euros suspension module from ARDEN, they sent it with the wrong measure, it was already used , with a velcro on one side and the other side missing, it has broken my car real bad for one year without finding what it was, we had to replace all front bushed, Arden has done nothing to help, it has been a nightmare, they sent this module ini side a dirty transparent plastic bag i could not see though and the invoice had no inks, i could not red it, they were aware of the problems and never they offered any help, Arden is for me a car terrorist and i will not even buy a sticker there. I pass on some, it has costed me 2000 the module and 3500 euros not to find the problem, expert hired 5 dealership one year 9 alignment. of course i loose the contact with my dealership after that too!! with other words Arden will mess your car the best they could, they will kill your warranty and your relation with the dealerhsip...

go with ARDEN but be aware .

Old 06-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
Not to hijack this thread but i ordered a 2000 euros suspension module from ARDEN, they sent it with the wrong measure, it was already used , with a velcro on one side and the other side missing, it has broken my car real bad for one year without finding what it was, we had to replace all front bushed, Arden has done nothing to help, it has been a nightmare, they sent this module ini side a dirty transparent plastic bag i could not see though and the invoice had no inks, i could not red it, they were aware of the problems and never they offered any help, Arden is for me a car terrorist and i will not even buy a sticker there. I pass on some, it has costed me 2000 the module and 3500 euros not to find the problem, expert hired 5 dealership one year 9 alignment. of course i loose the contact with my dealership after that too!! with other words Arden will mess your car the best they could, they will kill your warranty and your relation with the dealerhsip...

go with ARDEN but be aware .
Luckily my kit is an Arden Style kit from mina gallery. They've been really good helping me wit everything. I debated on the real kit but they're just too far away and too expensive to ship!!

Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know how much lower the Arden spoiler is, but going out of bad driveways I sometimes put one wheel slightly over the edge of the gutter to avoid contact with the road. I do it slowly so I don't bounce and wreck my steering alignment.

I regularly scrape and hit unexpected things. Arrghhh. The last incident will cost $1k of my precious NZ dollars for a respray of the whole nose. . I'll be a LOT more careful from now on.