XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aspects that you LIKE/LOVE about our XK8/R's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Aspects that you LIKE/LOVE about our XK8/R's?

OK, in the spirit of fair play, I think it is only fair to look at the cup being "Half Full", and point out the positive things about our XK8/R's.

I think that one very obvious attribute would be the gorgeous wooden Dash panels. I don't know of many vehicles that sport wood like ours do!
Brian

Last edited by Brian2000XKR; 06-15-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Brian, I love the wood--I cannot imagine having one with the carbon fiber kit. Also, the torque in the XKR. But overwhelmingly, the lines of the coupe...

Old 06-15-2010, 05:01 PM
ud
Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Mine has a "K" in the model name...I love "Ks".

Old 06-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Like/Love

We have a 2006 XKR Jaguar Racing Green Victory Edition with 19" wheels.

We like the way people give us a "thumbs up" or gather around to look at it when it is parked. We like driving it, especially when the top is down.

We love the supercharger! It is always an absolute thrill when it kicks in without any hesitation and gives you that (seemingly unlimited) extra punch at any speed!
Other Loves:
Classic Jaguar design/style
Ultra high grade leather seats & overall interior workmanship
Reliability of the 2006 model
19" wheels

Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

Cruising all day and seeing Corvettes, BMWs, Mercedes, but no XKs and of course the torque of the XKR.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,258 Likes on 564 Posts

Ditto RCSing, except for the torque thing (I have an XK8). I've owned mine now for three weeks, and I finally saw another XK8 today. They are very unusual, and I like that. I've also had people pull up next to me at stoplights and tell me that they love the car and ask what kind of car it is. That's pretty cool. I also like how smooth it rides. My Z3 would rattle me to death on a long drive. The Jag is as smooth as glass. The brakes are very nice and smooth. Everything about it is smooth. The transmission is smooth, the ride is smooth, the lines are smooth...

Smooth is a weird word.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

The camaraderie--finally. Given the relative rarity of these models, I had expected that there would be something like the Corvette "wave" or honk or some other signal that one XK8 owner gives to another. That finally happened the other day when I was driving with my wife. All of a sudden I heard a short honk from across the street and it turned out to be another XK8 owner who waved when I looked. Of course I waved back. My wife asked what that was all about and I said it was just greeting between Jaguar owners.

Nice.

Doug

Trending Topics

Old 06-16-2010, 02:15 AM
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Doug,

If that was on Ventura Blvd in Encino I think that was me honking at ya

I was leaving the dog park and heading home a few blocks away. In that 2 block drive along Ventura you were the first of 3 XK's (plus mine) all on Ventura at the same time.

Dave

Old 06-16-2010, 06:10 AM

Now that is a cool coincidence!
Brian

Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by o2manyfish
Doug,

If that was on Ventura Blvd in Encino I think that was me honking at ya

I was leaving the dog park and heading home a few blocks away. In that 2 block drive along Ventura you were the first of 3 XK's (plus mine) all on Ventura at the same time.

Dave

Hey Dave,

I know you are in the area but I am sure it was not you who I saw. This was about 6:30pm on Saturday and the Jag was a gold colored convertible with the top down. I know that yours is Copper/Black and I am still waiting to see it some day.

Doug

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 AM

Love: What it is (cool)

Like: How I look driving it (cool)

Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Dave
3 XKs in two blocks that how many I've seen in our area in the last year. and one in the showroom. That what happens in the middle of Country you feel your driving a exotic.
Doug

Old 06-16-2010, 04:23 PM

I agree with the consensus that they are relatively rare, and not to see another one out on a drive. People always look and say what kind of car is that? Although I've only had it about 2 weeks, even beforehand when I was scoping these out, it was a rare sight to see one on the road.

Also love the walnut dash and trim! Even with an XK8 the motor has some nice power.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:56 PM

I was just in NC and TN (Banner Elk area and Roan Mountain). I did not see one XK8/R the whole week. Here in Central Florida you see plenty of Jag Convertibles, but very rarely a Coupe. I guess that is a due to both the rarity of the coupe, as well as the "convertible friendly" weather.
Brian

Old 06-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 126 Likes on 110 Posts

OK, put me down for liking everything except for the key placement, the cup holders, and the lack of lateral support in the seats. IF you understand what this car was designed to be, and you bought it with that understanding, then you cannot have many legitimate complaints with it. It will not go 0-60 in 3.2 secs. It will not sound like a hot rod. It will not reasonably sit two human beings in the rear of what is called a seat. It will not be as dependable as a Camry. There are a LOT of things that it will not do, but it does do what it was designed to do, and it does it VERY well. It is one of the most beautiful cars ever made. It is an absolute pleasure to drive. It is not a high performance car (except for the XKR in its time) It is a pleasure and a treasure to own. Nuff said.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member

Kevin
There's never nuff said
Doug

Old 06-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Why I love my XK8

Years ago, before I ever thought of owning a Jaguar, I would read stories about their undependability and ask myself "How could these people buy a car that breaks all the time and still like it?" I never could understand it.
But last August I bought an XK8 and now I know. I love everything about that car. It's so wonderful to drive, I think of it like therapy, but much cheaper and lots more fun. I always have a smile on my face when I drive it. Mine has it's share of problems, (1999, so I have to do the timing chain thing, and the water pump thing, and I just got all the parts to do a complete rebuild of the front suspension....) but I DON'T CARE! If it was a regular car, I would be annoyed with it, but I like it so much, about as mean as I can be is "Oh, you naughty car!". I even enjoy working on it, it's like working on a Spitfire aircraft. Even the annoying parts are like "Well, that's just Jaguar!". I have to say that every time I lower myself into the leather and wood, it's like the first time! These cars really cast a spell!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Location: Marin County, CA, USA - Just north of San Francisco
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This very afternoon, as I was leaving a local discount mall (with the top down), someone from the curb yelled over 4 lanes to say "beautiful car!". I did a return of one thumb up, and he yelled again "I'll bet it is a chick magnet!" I am 75! Priceless!!! DaleD

Old 06-18-2010, 05:56 AM

Well Dale, IS it a Chick Magnet?
Brian

Old 06-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

It has been said quite a bit in this thread, though I will say it again. The beautiful lines of the coupe truly make it one of the most well styled cars ever made. The scarcity of the coupes, even in Southern California, is another big plus. And heck, it feels good to drive, or in my case be driven, in it.
Bill

Quick Reply: Aspects that you LIKE/LOVE about our XK8/R's?