XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for XK8? Aftermarket Company for Jags in general?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 02:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best Exhaust for XK8? Aftermarket Company for Jags in general?

Hi All,

Still new to this forum, just got my 03 XK8 Convertible yesterday!!

I was wondering if there is a company/site dedicated to aftermarket Jag parts to make our jags sound nice!

That's really the only thing missing so far in my mind, need to hear that v8 with the top down!!

Thanks!

Old 04-18-2016, 10:09 AM
Received 323 Likes on 211 Posts
Old 04-18-2016, 02:12 PM

Is that the only option out there?

What about hiflow cats?

Surprised that parts are so hard to find for this car

Old 04-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

My XKR came fitted with a Milltek stainless sport exhaust that was factory fitted as an optional extra. They sell after market: Jaguar XK8 performance exhaust systems

Here is a film of my XKR with a short and careful rev that gives a good indication of the sound. Cold morning and apparently some condensation built up over the winter :-)

IMG_0509.MOV

Old 04-18-2016, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by NorJag
My XKR came fitted with a Milltek stainless sport exhaust that was factory fitted as an optional extra. They sell after market: Jaguar XK8 performance exhaust systems

Here is a film of my XKR with a short and careful rev that gives a good indication of the sound. Cold morning and apparently some condensation built up over the winter :-)

Attachment 128428
Seems like they only have an exhaust for the 4.0l engine?

Old 04-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

as far as performance parts for an XK8 there are very little availble,

Nameless Cats makes an aftermarket cat for the cars that a lot of folks like,

Mina Gallery and Adamesh have some parts, as far as exhaust goes search the threads there are hundreds where members have done their own mods on exhaust systems, I removed the before axle resonators and added a Mina intake, I like the sound a lot, just a slight rumble and with the intake sound it growls a lot on heavy acceleration.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:00 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kingcobra
Seems like they only have an exhaust for the 4.0l engine?
I would contact their agent in the USA and ask if the XKR systems are compatible: Jaguar XKR performance exhaust systems

Old 04-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 327 Posts

I have never seen much here on the site that you can go aftermarket. Remember the demographic for owners of these cars for the most part are those that don't mod!
If you had bought a 97-2002 model you could have done this mod....

Jaguar Specialties

Old 04-18-2016, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 375 Likes on 309 Posts

If you forget about sound and just talk flow, the factory pipes snake through the rear suspension with a crushed oval pipe, with no real ability to go larger, which is why performance exhausts go under the axle.

Going under axle and replacing the rear mufflers with straight pipes or straight thru glass pack style muffler could probably be done by any muffler shop for less than $500 and would improve sound and flow tremendously.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by brgjag
I have never seen much here on the site that you can go aftermarket. Remember the demographic for owners of these cars for the most part are those that don't mod!
If you had bought a 97-2002 model you could have done this mod....

Jaguar Specialties
LOL definitely know about the demographic and I def wasn't thinking of a swap, specially on a jag, that's horrible to do!!

I was just thinking to have a bit louder exhaust.

Did jaguar ever make a performance exhaust from factory similar to what bmw/benz do nowadays?

Old 04-18-2016, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ungn
If you forget about sound and just talk flow, the factory pipes snake through the rear suspension with a crushed oval pipe, with no real ability to go larger, which is why performance exhausts go under the axle.

Going under axle and replacing the rear mufflers with straight pipes or straight thru glass pack style muffler could probably be done by any muffler shop for less than $500 and would improve sound and flow tremendously.
Is there a diagram somewhere of the stock exhaust setup on our cars?

I did read there is a company that sells X pipes but don't remember where or who makes it

Have you done anything to your car? I definitely don't want just a plug and play fart can, I want something that makes the car sound more like an exotic than anything else, doesn't have to be super loud, I honestly would want one that gets louder only when giving it gas and not too loud at normal cruising/driving

Old 04-18-2016, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Get the muffler delete from Mina Gallery. If that isn't loud enough for you. Remove the two rear resonators by the rear...And if you don't like the way that sounds remove the center resonator and replace it with a dynomax ultraflow two in two out....That's exactly what I have now and it sounds great@! And not all that expensive mind you

The following users liked this post:
kingcobra (07-21-2017)
Old 04-18-2016, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by XxSlowpokexX
Get the muffler delete from Mina Gallery. If that isn't loud enough for you. Remove the two rear resonators by the rear...And if you don't like the way that sounds remove the center resonator and replace it with a dynomax ultraflow two in two out....That's exactly what I have now and it sounds great@! And not all that expensive mind you
Any videos to hear how it sounds?

Do you only have the muffler delete now? Wouldn't this make it illegal and not pass emission?

Old 04-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 375 Likes on 309 Posts

Do you only have the muffler delete now? Wouldn't this make it illegal and not pass emission?
Mufflers don't effect emissions. Anything "catback" should be fine. The car currently has cats, resonator (a muffler) and dual Mufflers near the tips.

In the UK they sell rear Muffler Delete pipes (and they even installed them on the XK8 episode of Wheeler Dealers), so they can't be too "illegal", since EU cars get a lot more scrutiny than even nannystate California cars.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ungn
Mufflers don't effect emissions. Anything "catback" should be fine. The car currently has cats, resonator (a muffler) and dual Mufflers near the tips.

In the UK they sell rear Muffler Delete pipes (and they even installed them on the XK8 episode of Wheeler Dealers), so they can't be too "illegal", since EU cars get a lot more scrutiny than even nannystate California cars.
Good to know thanks!! I might go that route but i'll have to see all my options first.

I really would love to at least see a video of this muffler delete Mina setup on an otherwise stock XK8. Any idea if there are any?

Old 04-19-2016, 03:32 AM
Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

Have a listen to the Adamesh sports system.

kingcobra (04-21-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Veteran Member

Good to know thanks!! I might go that route but i'll have to see all my options first.

I really would love to at least see a video of this muffler delete Mina setup on an otherwise stock XK8. Any idea if there are any?

When I bought my car it had the center resonator deleted. It was a little louder than stock. I then bought the mina muffler delete which made it even more louder and honestly I didn't care for the sound. At that point I had the factory cats and the rear resonators by the axles. I then removed those resonators and added a 2 in and two out dynomax ultraflow resonator. Sounds truly awesome now...That's why I recommend starting with the rear muffler delete. Its inexpensive and will give you a little bit more sound. From there Id just junk the rest of the system and get that resonator. WORST case you don't like the sound and add two rear high flow mufflers to quiet it down. I honestly don't think Im too loud at the moment. Its just right

Old 04-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Veteran Member
The following 2 users liked this post by XxSlowpokexX:
kingcobra (04-21-2016), woox4 (08-12-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 07:27 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I also just bought my first 2002 xk8 and didn't like the sound as well. I took it to a good exhaust dealer in Denver and he suggested we remove the two rear resonators and then they let you listen to the sound before doing anything else. If you want a different sound, they can do some additional work and let you listen to the changes along the process. I thought the sound was perfect after removing the resonators and my total charge for removing the resonators adding a thru pipe and stainless steel tips was 350.00. I would suggest starting there.

kingcobra (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by JonWat
Have a listen to the Adamesh sports system.
Thanks for the link, I actually wasn't a fan of the sound...Not a fan of the burble sound at all

My search continues, I think we need to create a Sticky with all the aftermarket options out there for us

Lucadelta (10-10-2016)

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for XK8? Aftermarket Company for Jags in general?