XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car settings in computer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car settings in computer?

I went through the how-to topics and searched elsewhere too, but couldn't find instructions to this.

Is there a "secret menu" on the trip computer or something similar to other cars like BMW, where you can change settings of the car? I'd like to disable the automatic door locking when putting the car in gear and I'd like to make the automatic light option to always have the lights on.
This is because in my country you always must have the driving lights on, day or night, but I'd like to just keep the setting on the automatic to control the interior lights and put them automatically on when starting the car.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 430 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Wuoma
I went through the how-to topics and searched elsewhere too, but couldn't find instructions to this.

Is there a "secret menu" on the trip computer or something similar to other cars like BMW, where you can change settings of the car? I'd like to disable the automatic door locking when putting the car in gear and I'd like to make the automatic light option to always have the lights on.
This is because in my country you always must have the driving lights on, day or night, but I'd like to just keep the setting on the automatic to control the interior lights and put them automatically on when starting the car.
No Secret Menu for those functions. AFAIK, the Jaguar Dealer is the only option to change those settings with the Jaguar Computer/Analyzer.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:47 PM
GGG
Received 16,825 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Originally Posted by Wuoma

Is there a "secret menu" on the trip computer or something similar to other cars like BMW, where you can change settings of the car? ..............I'd like to disable the automatic door locking when putting the car in gear and I'd like to make the automatic light option to always have the lights on.
Sorry to say the answer is NO.

Some security option like automatic locking are market specific or owner preference and can be activated / deactivated by the Dealer.

DRL (Daylight Running Lights) have been a problem for a number of members importing XK8 & XJ8 from US to Canada. A.f.a.i.k. it's not a simple change.

Graham

Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,146 Likes on 752 Posts

With my mongoose cable and SDD v128 (the same dealer software, just an older version) I have been able to disable my drive away locking, I also found the option for the daytime running lights ON/OFF, I added the driver mirror to automatically tilt down in unison with the passenger side in reverse, I turned off the '2nd' unlock option - the one that you must hit the unlock button again to unlock the other doors besides the driver. You can also turn on passive arming (I didn't do that though, I leave my keys in the car at night), turn on/off the audible chirps with the alarm...lots of cool features. Oh yah, recently turned on 'Global Closing' on my XJ8 too! The global open/close with the convertible is handled with WhiteXKR's convertible module.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H20boy
With my mongoose cable and SDD v128 (the same dealer software, just an older version) I have been able to disable my drive away locking, I also found the option for the daytime running lights ON/OFF, I added the driver mirror to automatically tilt down in unison with the passenger side in reverse, I turned off the '2nd' unlock option - the one that you must hit the unlock button again to unlock the other doors besides the driver. You can also turn on passive arming (I didn't do that though, I leave my keys in the car at night), turn on/off the audible chirps with the alarm...lots of cool features. Oh yah, recently turned on 'Global Closing' on my XJ8 too! The global open/close with the convertible is handled with WhiteXKR's convertible module.
This sounds exactly like what I want. Do you have links or recommendations on where to get these?

Old 10-31-2012, 03:35 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

With my mongoose cable and SDD v128...
Lol, you have to love the Internet: everyone saying "no way, it can't be done" and then someone pops up and says "hey, I know how to do it"

Old 10-31-2012, 03:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog
Lol, you have to love the Internet: everyone saying "no way, it can't be done" and then someone pops up and says "hey, I know how to do it"
Yes, but Matt has what is basically the dealer tool at his disposal.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

Where is the fun in having all the proper tools to do a job? Duct tape and bailing wire are so much more interesting.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by ccfulton
Where is the fun in having all the proper tools to do a job? Duct tape and bailing wire are so much more interesting.
Absolutely - and an electric cattle prod up the OBD port if it plays up.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 AM
GGG
Received 16,825 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Originally Posted by ccfulton
Charlie,

Looking forward to your illustrated 'HOW TO' on this one.

Graham

Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

Matt, is there an option to turn off the automatic dimming of the Nav screen? I find this very annoying. If there is, I'd like to meet up next time I'm back home.
Mark

Old 10-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I found a pretty simple way to have the lights come on automatically. Cover the sensor on the rear view mirror with electricians tape (it blends right in) and set the switch to Auto.

I still add the fog lamps to increase my visibility. Platinum car with the top/hood down is almost invisible.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,146 Likes on 752 Posts

Mark, only way I found (before i tore the nav out) was instead of turning the dimmer switch ALL the way clicked 'max', which basically only makes the LCD in the cluster brighter, to just below that. It will never dim on you again when you turn on the lights. I think...its been awhile. Try it and let me know.

Wuoma, do a search for 'cloned dealer scan tool' and absorb the knowledge. Little risky, but its up to the individual to decide.