XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Certain functions from yellow stereo unit not working Jaguar XKR 2000 model

Old 03-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Certain functions from yellow stereo unit not working Jaguar XKR 2000 model

I've been having severe problems whereby certain functions aren't working which all appear to be connected to the yellow plug at the back of my stereo.

The connector is IC20 and after removing my stereo to replace some bulbs in my console and trying to fit a car kit I've discovered that the aerial doesn't go up and down, no screen on my sat nav, no illumination on my stereo and the volume controls on the steering wheel no longer works.

Looking at the diagram all these are connected to this IC20 so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I've already tried another stereo but made no difference.

Regards

Rocky15

Old 03-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocky15
I've been having severe problems whereby certain functions aren't working which all appear to be connected to the yellow plug at the back of my stereo.

The connector is IC20 and after removing my stereo to replace some bulbs in my console and trying to fit a car kit I've discovered that the aerial doesn't go up and down, no screen on my sat nav, no illumination on my stereo and the volume controls on the steering wheel no longer works.

Looking at the diagram all these are connected to this IC20 so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I've already tried another stereo but made no difference.

Regards

Rocky15
This might be a silly idea, but have you checked the switch on the head unit is still set to premium. It was my understanding the same head unit was used and a switch used to change level of function and looking at wiring diagrams it seems there are different pin outs used at IC20 depending on whether it is standard or sat nav. set up.

Last edited by baxtor; 03-01-2016 at 11:09 PM.