XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant reservoir hose

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Coolant reservoir hose

Hi all. 97 XK8. One inch hose connects to BOTTOM of coolant reservoir. Broke somewhere along path. Can't see where. Books from XKs.com and Barratt do not show hose. Need to bypass break but unsure where other end is connected. Help please.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:43 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

This one (item 7)?

Coolant reservoir hose-heater.jpg
(click on thre image to enlarge it)

Graham

Old 08-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Hello Graham. Thank you for the diagram. My local mechanic removed the intake manifold. He found the 1-inch hose that split. We ordered both, since they are 20 years old. We discussed also replacing the octopus. He said it looked fine, but as long as everything was open, it would be a small additional labor cost. I priced the hose at $274 and decided to pass. Was this the right decision? Do these fail? Thanks again for the help Graham. Best regards Bob g

Old 08-04-2017, 04:29 AM
Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts

I would have replaced it while the intake was out but no harm. If it does eventually go on you, it can be replaced without taking the intake off.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:37 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Bob,

I'd visually check and consider replacing all the hoses. Now you've had one fail and replaced, the cooling system pressure is likely to find the next weakest one and so on.

Have a look at forum Sponsor S N G Barratt for competitive pricing on cooling system hoses. Better than you mentioned in post #3 and they offer forum members a 10% discount on most parts.

Graham

Old 08-04-2017, 07:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 327 Posts

Jagbits, a site sponsor, also is a good place for parts. They walked me through lining up ALL the coolant hoses on the jag. I had my intake off so I did all of mine. The octopus hose can be done with the intake on. Bigger hands will mean more knuckle busting though. On my 03 when I was takig mine out I had all the ends of it disconnected but when I tugged on it from the drivers side it was not come out. Turned out there was a hidden zip tie on it almost dead center back of motor behind the TB area connected to something above the trans. Pulling from the drivers side it should come out pretty easy. When you put it back on you will want to push it back through from the drivers side. The connector on the drivers side it seems from reading here folks always wanted to make that connection release as designed. I never got that, the knew hose has it on it so I just took a screw driver off mine and busted the thing off. The new hose with the new connector hooked right on and latched down.