XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Covering the XK8

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Received 67 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Covering the XK8

Having looked at a considerable number of posts on car covers, I must admit to a certain frustration: Many seem to generalize and decline to name names; some decry the use of covers at all (presumably these members live nowhere near harsh weather). There must be thousands of covers out there (at least, many hundreds with different brands attached). What iI would appreciate is experience / evidence of suitability and durability.
I live in Georgia where two dangers are most important to guard against: blazing summer heat with temps routinely in the high 90s (and car body temperatures above 120 degrees under any car cover that is not reflective and well ventilated) and hail. The latter may of may not be visited on the Jag in any given year, but if it is, and it's large, well, just shoot me.
So, the question: does anyone have multi-year experience with an (almost) waterproof cover, soft against the car, highly reflective urethane outer layer, and thick enough to handle reasonably-sized hail (golf ***** excepted)?

Old 07-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Received 323 Likes on 211 Posts

Not saying this is the best, but I've been using the NOAH car cover from Covercraft on three of my cars for a few years and I am quite satisfied with them. The fit is excellent and they come with a four year guarantee. They're not cheap.

None of my cars are parked outdoors. I've got one in the garage and the other two are under a carport. Keeping them covered means I only have to wash them about three times per year which gives me more time to drive them. I do pack the cover and take it with me on road trips.

The cover is heavy enough to protect the car in a non-golf ball hail storm. Golf ball sized hail and larger is what comprehensive insurance is about.

DO NOT use any cover on a dirty car. You will scratch the finish and create more work for yourself.

Cheers,

Stu

Old 07-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

check California Car Cover Custom Car Covers | California Car Cover Co. Official Site. Call them for recommendations.

I've dealt with them for years and they are an excellent company to deal with.