XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everything you need to facelift your XK8/R

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 11:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Everything you need to facelift your XK8/R

So, since I have a '99 XKR which looks the oldest of the bunch, I'm thinking about slowly piece-by-piece upgrading it to make it look like the latest model years of the XKR.

So, I'm thinking that it would be great to put all the parts (with the links on where to order) in one thread.

This is what I've found so far

Front bumper, side covers and rear bumper - £800 or ~1100€
Paragon Design UK - XK8 XKR Products

The front and rear bumpers are not OEM, but just £200 per bumper is good value in my opinion. (needs all the grills and newer fog lights in my case aswell)

This could even be optional because the rear bumper does not look so different from the pre-facelift model

£400 a pair for OEM side covers

Headlights - I'm thinking it could be done as a DIY.

The design of the headlight looks exactly the same, removing the transparent glass/plastic and painting the reflector black by myself seems to be an affordable option

Rear lights - £775 or ~1050€ (extremely pricey) plus requires some DIY
Again, looking at the paragon design site

£650 for these, I bet there is a chance of finding these 2nd-hand cheaper

I understand that these brackets are necessary to house the facelift lights - £125

Side mouldings(?)
Can the door mouldings just be taken off? I mean, they are glued on, not screwed, right?

I'm definately forgetting a lot of stuff here (emblems and side markers etc), so feel free to add your own best findings and tips.

Thanks
Kevin

Old 12-22-2015, 05:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

Headlights can be done as a DIY, there are a few threads about how to take them apart.

If you choose to install the side sills in the OEM way, it involves drilling and rivets, just so you are aware. And if installed in the OEM location, a bit of the chip guard on the sills will still be visible. Later cars that came with the sill covers did not have the chip guard.

You are correct about side mouldings are glued on and a heat gun helps with removal. Careful if your car has had paint work done on the off chance they painted around the moulding, That would leave a visible edge.

There are also differences in the badging on the wings and rear of the car if you want to get picky.