XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got back to being a Jag owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally got back to being a Jag owner

Just treated myself to a 70th birthday present - a 2001 Jaguar XK8 coupe. Got 110,000 miles on the clock with a reasonably full service history, recent MOT and one or two needed maintenance jobs.
First priority was to get the locks working. The alarm set OK but neither door or boot locked. After messing with the driver's door lock I took the plunge and ordered a new lock/latch. £126 from Jaguar, not bad as they are asking for £95 for rusty ones on Ebay. Fitted the new lock and hey presto all working as it should.
Next was the antenna, same old problem, not fully retracting and not extending fully. New mast insert bought off Ebay, fitted, now works perfectly.
One bulb out on instrument display so replaced all 4, the display now looks nice and bright.
Passenger seat not working on electric. Removed seat module, repaired the broken track on circuit board, refitted, seat now working.
Best bit is I am now back in a Jaguar driving seat for the price of £3,000, and it is wonderful.
I have enjoyed reading through one or two articles on the forum that interested me and can I say a big thank you to all of you that post helpful advice for us Jag owners.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:56 PM
GGG
Received 16,825 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Welcome to the forum yewtree,

Good to hear you've got the problems sorted out on your XK8.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 11-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

Congrats! What was/were your previous Jaguar(s)?

Old 11-29-2016, 01:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a couple of XJ6's a few years ago but, due to retirement and house downsizing with limited parking they had to go. I made the decision that the latest one would be quite happy sitting on the road outside the house. I have treated it as my latest toy, ideal as I approach my 70th birthday. probably won't go far but distance is irrelevant, it's how you get there that matters. I only paid £3,000.00 for it with 110,000 miles on the clock with pretty good service record. One or two minor jobs needing rectified (most of them now done) but it runs as sweet as a Jaguar should.

Bill