XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat tire, one day, XK8 withdrawals....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 07:00 AM
Received 201 Likes on 92 Posts
Talking Flat tire, one day, XK8 withdrawals....

It's a sad day. I'm at work, Kitty is at home with a flat tire. Two days ago while driving about 25 miles an hour I suddenly heard a slight "knocking" coming from the rear driver side tire. Kind of like a rock in the treads, but a lower pitch. The next day it was still there, but not as noticeable. Yesterday I went out to get something out of the wifes' car and noticed my tire was low, and, there was something stuck in the valley between the treads on the top of the tire (by shear luck it was on the top when I parked) Apparently I had somehow driven over two razor blades and the corners were stuck side by side in my tire and standing about 1/4 inch above the treads(.25 for my metric mates). I used my keys to lever them out and the tire hissing commenced. It was late in the day, so I drove my pickup and kitty is at home waiting for me to put on the spare. Drive Kitty, or a lumbering Ford F-150....I'm having Kitty withdrawals....

Old 07-03-2017, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Oh, you made me smile. I know exactly how you feel. My other "car" is a 94 Bronco - not much fun to drive compared with the XK8!

The Bronco has been used only for home depot runs and more than 3 inches of snow ever since I bought this JAG.

I hope your a.c. still works in the pickup!

John

The following users liked this post:
marvin.d.miller (07-05-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 10:53 AM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

Moral of the story: Buy another :-)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I'd recommend replacing both axel tires with Michelins :-)

The following 2 users liked this post by dsd:
Johnken (07-03-2017), marvin.d.miller (07-05-2017)