Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gearbox harness for x100

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 05:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearbox harness for x100

Hi All,

I am from Turkey and i am looking gearbox harness for xk8 1998. I did not find at Turkey also we don't have an example for this harness. I found picture at the internet and jepc catalogue. But it's not for xk8 it's for x308

This is just for x308, it's not fits xk8

I am searching this but catalogue don't show for xk8

gearbox harness top of gearbox not gearbox inside. Also i found ebay this and it's rhd i need lhd.

1997 Jaguar XK8 Wiring Harness TCM ECM to Engine + Transmission LJA3350AG | eBay

NOTE : Sorry about my English. My english is not good
NOTE2: I am looking part saller. Sometimes i can't find part in Turkey and i have to buy England but some part sallers don't study work hard. For example i send an e-mail for part price and they don't reply my mail for price and i have to wait 1,2 weeks for just reply. If somebody knows good saller and who give a quick reply i want to work them.

Attached Images  

Last edited by brkcskn; 06-24-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

Welcome Brkcskn
Don't worry, perfect English isn't a requirement.
Without knowing the exact model and year of your Jag it is difficult to give an accurate part number. You might want to give the guys a call at SNG Barratt a call. Their parts book lists a Gear Box harness part number for an XK8 as LNC3380AA. As always, call to confirm you are ordering the right part.

The following users liked this post:
brkcskn (06-24-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 07:46 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Welcome to the forum brkcskn,

The Part Number ( LJA3350AG ) shown in the eBay advertisement looks like the Engine Management Harness but it's difficult to be sure without the Model Year or VIN.

Here's the extract from the Jaguar Parts Catalogue for the XK8:

Gearbox harness for x100-engine-management-harness.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

As you can see, not only are LHD and RHD different, there's also several harness options depending on VIN range and specification.

One thing is certain, a new one will be very expensive so a used harness from a breaker will be your best option.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
brkcskn (06-24-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fulton
Welcome Brkcskn
Don't worry, perfect English isn't a requirement.
Without knowing the exact model and year of your Jag it is difficult to give an accurate part number. You might want to give the guys a call at SNG Barratt a call. Their parts book lists a Gear Box harness part number for an XK8 as LNC3380AA. As always, call to confirm you are ordering the right part.
Thank you for your interest. I worked with norman motors and british part and they are too slow for me. Actually sng barrat prices are higher than the other part saller and they don't accept lowest invoice for parts. We have a repair shop in Turkey and there is only one authorized dealer.

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum brkcskn,

The Part Number ( LJA3350AG ) shown in the eBay advertisement looks like the Engine Management Harness but it's difficult to be sure without the Model Year or VIN.

Here's the extract from the Jaguar Parts Catalogue for the XK8:

Attachment 88943
(click on the image to enlarge it)

As you can see, not only are LHD and RHD different, there's also several harness options depending on VIN range and specification.

One thing is certain, a new one will be very expensive so a used harness from a breaker will be your best option.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham
Thank you Graham. This is my looking part and i guess you found it. I have a VIN and Model year. Used harness is acceptable for me because i have burned harness and i can do it two harness from one.
Also i don't have a car i have mechanial work shop and there is just one authorized dealer. Generally i prefer to England for parts.
If someone sells transmission harness i will buy also 003053 VIN and model year 1997

I found part number it is LJA3350AF for LHD.

Last edited by brkcskn; 06-24-2014 at 09:04 AM.