XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Ipod/android, handfree phone add on

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Great Ipod/android, handfree phone add on

I wanted a better way of using my android phone to play music and have hands free voice activated calling/ texting. After some research I opted for the I Simple Translt Blu.
I removed the center consul and radio stack (thanks to Rev Sam for the video) and tucked the module under the carpet. I ran the mike wire under the dash up behind the door rubber and popped out the A pillar to run the wire and clipped the mic to the top of the pillar.
I connected the positive cable to the cigarette lighter wire (spliced and soldered) and the negative to the ground. While I had the center consul out I fitted a 12v to 5v DC USB dual adapter for power connected to the same power wire as the I simple module.
Paired my phone and reinstalled the consul which covers the module and ran the button out in front of the ashtray and stuck it down with the supplied adhesive tape, done in under an hour. I only listen to my music while in the car and the phone only works while the unit is connected. However once turned off it returns the car to stock, including the cd changer. Besides White XKRs remote hood this is the best addition I have added so far and less than $125 and works really well

Old 06-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

How did you connect to the sound system?

Old 06-29-2017, 09:47 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

I believe that unit goes inline with the antenna connector.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Motorola TK30 mounted in coin tray along with USB charge port next to it (exposed coin tray is a dumb idea anyways). These Bluetooth connect and power a Samsung Tab S2 8", for Navigation, videos, and music going through Jaguar Alpine amp. Its attached by a hidden high power magnet, so it can remove or fold down to access behind panel controls Wifi hotspot is in glovebox, powered by Jaguar's optional accessory socket. TK30 also connects to phone at same time. Phone works through Jaguar phone connect and audio mute no matter source playing. CD changer is switchable to use itself or TK30 with Tab S2, since both sources use CD changer input.