Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with buying my first XK8

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 05:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with buying my first XK8

Hi,
My friend is selling his XK8 he has had it for 11 years. Originally serviced by main dealers now by a local man who does not have diagnostic tools to turn off the lights on the dash. It has had a new gearbox, disks and pads recently and serviced regularly. Engine runs fine, no rattles or smoke goes ok but ABS is not working.
These are the lights on the dash, is it too scary to take on?
I am fairly confident with spanners etc.
Body work is tatty but would look ok if given to the right body shop for a light polis and touch up. Trim is ok, black and red not seen another at the moment. 2002 4.2 Coupe.

All help appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Help with buying my first XK8-image1.jpg   Help with buying my first XK8-image2.jpg   Help with buying my first XK8-image3.jpg  
Old 06-13-2016, 06:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

You need the codes DC. Many repair shops or auto parts stores will loan or rent you one. Post the codes and the experts here can give you a better idea what you are facing.

It could be as simple as dirty wheel sensors or something much more serious. Also I would be suspect of a mechanic who doesn't have one. They are pretty cheap these days.

The following users liked this post:
DarrenCharlie (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 06:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, I will ask on here if anyone knows someone that could lend me a unit to get the codes. Thanks

Old 06-13-2016, 04:10 PM
Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out the YouTube link on how to clean the abs sensors
real easy to door cleared my abs fault but be careful not to snap one as they are a pain to get out its best to take the wheel off rather than turn the steering lock