Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Headlight Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 916 Likes on 654 Posts
Default HID Headlight Adjustment

I had to have the Rear Suspension re-bushed on my 2005 XKR and every since it sets about an inch higher in the rear. I've noticed at night that my HID lower-beam lights don't reach out as far as before. I called the Dealer about adjusting them and was told that they were self-adjusting and they couldn't help me! Well, I already knew that but they had not adjusted back to where they had been and I can't see very well at night.

Then, Somewhere I read that the car had sensors in the left front and rear wheel-wells that aligned and that adjusted the Lights. Now that is beginning to sound a little to futuristic for a 2005.......SO, after all this BS that I've read about, does anyone out there really know how to re-adjust my low-beam Lights so it will be comfortable for me to drive at night?

Billy Clyde - 2005 XKR Coupe

Old 02-07-2017, 12:16 AM
Received 227 Likes on 169 Posts

The hids can be adjusted to give the base alignment. The adjusters are white and take an Allen key if memory serves.

The following users liked this post:
grantorino62 (02-07-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 12:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 916 Likes on 654 Posts

Hello Woox4

I found the answer to my question about adjusting the Headlights on my 2005 Jaguar XKR...January 2003, Jaguar sent out Drivers Handbook Supplement #(JJM 18 02 14/301), which was apparently left out for some reason. It was a Recall as Jaguar had been found in Non-Compliance for leaving it out of the Hand Book....It shows that you have to go through the Clear Cover on top of the Lighting Unit...Remove it and you will see a Bubble Level and a white plastic adjusting screw. Turn the screw counter-clockwise for upward adjustment or Clockwise to adjust downward until the Level is at (0). The side-to-side adjusters are located underneath the side fenders......Thankfully, I don't need to make that adjustment because the directions aren't very good! I believe I would just take that to the Jaguar Guy.....Anyway, thanks for taking the time to send the directions that you did!

Billy Clyde in Houston