XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 03:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

They would not necessarily be that hard to make, they are similar to the Adamesh which I have fitted a couple of times, they just are closer together and break into each other.... Similar to how I made my front lights....

Attached Thumbnails Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-headlight1_zps0a698dad.jpg  
Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

Hey Tony, if you could make quad tail lights like those I'd be first in line to buy them.

Mark

Old 02-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XKRacer
They would not necessarily be that hard to make, they are similar to the Adamesh which I have fitted a couple of times, they just are closer together and break into each other.... Similar to how I made my front lights....
Please do it. You should a set of exact replicas. I'm buying your verendum kit (among other things) this spring/summer. I would definitely buy a set of the lights too. I'll give you money now as a good faith deposit to insure the lights will be ready by spring/summer.

Originally Posted by mjlaris
Hey Tony, if you could make quad tail lights like those I'd be first in line to buy them.
You'd have to fight me off.

I heard back from them. They said there not available, but I'm going to see is there any amount that could get make them make a set for me or if they have a set number of taillights they'd have to sell at a set price to make manufacturing these worth it to them, then try to get some forum interest. I know its a super long shot but I'm on it!

These lights (or slightly bigger) molded into that veredum kit would set my soul on fire!

Attached Thumbnails Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-4.jpg  

Last edited by Crushercurtis; 02-05-2013 at 12:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
User 070620 (11-04-2014)
Old 02-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member

I could do it but I am extremely busy right now, if you are in no hurry and dont mind waiting......... then I will give it some thought...

Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 AM

I could do it but I am extremely busy right now, if you are in no hurry and dont mind waiting......... then I will give it some thought...
I have no choice, I would like a set by spring/summer to go along with kit tho. You should totally do though, because you need some tail lights at paragon, everyone else offers em.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

that is just straight up gross

Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

I'm not in a hurry at all; as you know, I'm in the middle of a couple of mods that will take me 2 or 3 months to finish. However, if you ever do develop quad lights like this, let me know and I'll buy a pair.

Mark

Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Hofele
Hello,
thank you for your reply and the provided information.
We have stopped the production because the wiring harness is not available anymore.
However the lights and the plastic frame can still be produced, the production time is approx.. ten to fifteen days after payment.
So if you are able to connect the lights yourself then you can still buy the lights.
The regular price for the set of lights was 800,- Euro.
Since the wiring harness is not available anymore I can offer you the set for 750,- Euro + 60,- Euro postage costs to the USA.
If you need any additional information just let me know.
I hope you like our offer.
Have a nice day.
That comes out to $1083, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it, I just have to be sure I can make them work. Anyone with input on making them work?

Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

The kit looks awful. And the replacement quad tail lights remind me of those horrible ones some ethnic groups put on their Suburbans.

The tail light surrounds make the quad tail lights look like cheesy aftermarket parts, IMO.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 PM

I
Originally Posted by xenophobe
And the replacement quad tail lights remind me of those horrible ones some ethnic groups put on their Suburbans.
Das Racist

I think there the best looking quad lights, hands down. Reminds me of Ferrari's

Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member

Making a loom up would be simple, you just need some adequate 6 pin plugs LIKE THESE would do he trick, you would need o cut the original plug off, you will also need to cancel the lighting error brought up on the dash, easiest way is to wire a light bulb into the trunk ox sections, the resistors don't work

Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Crushercurtis
I think there the best looking quad lights, hands down. Reminds me of Ferrari's
Like I said, the surrounds make it look too aftermarket... but having them done right would probably be quite costly...

This looks better, I think, but still more $$$ than it would be worth. Excuse the crappy photoshop skills. lol

Attached Thumbnails Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-32527hofelejaguarxkbody.jpg  
User 070620 (10-30-2014)
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member

You would have to blend the lot.... So loose the bottom and the panel join.....

Take a look at jaxkr he has blended Arden quad lights..... A much cleaner look

Old 02-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, I was being lazy...

Attached Thumbnails Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-32527hofelejaguarxkbody.jpg  
User 070620 (10-30-2014)
Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM

^Yes this!!

Making a loom up would be simple, you just need some adequate 6 pin plugs LIKE THESE would do he trick, you would need o cut the original plug off, you will also need to cancel the lighting error brought up on the dash, easiest way is to wire a light bulb into the trunk ox sections, the resistors don't work
Thanks for confirming, I'm pulling the trigger on these. You have PM btw my friend.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 AM

unfortunately we do not have any pictures of the back and since we currently do not have the lights on stock I cannot take some at the moment, sorry.

However the wiring is rather complicated as you also have to add some resistors because the new LED lights and the old lights do not have the same voltage.

If you order two sets I can reduce the price to 750,- Euro per set and the transport costs remain the same so you also have a little saving on that as well.
That's the same price they quoted yesterday for 1 set and I asked them about that we'll see what they say today/tomorrow.

XKRACER would you be willing to make the harnesses for the lights? If so We'd like to send them directly to you. Since I'll be ordering a lot from you this year, you can just send mine over then with the rest of the stuff if that's okay.

I would hate to start a duplicate so is anyone else interested in these lights?

I think they're nice, they remind of of 612 and other Ferrari lights

Attached Thumbnails Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-ferrari-612-black-supersprint-exhaust1.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 AM

They got back to me, price is 700 euro per set + 60 euro shipping for both. So mjlaris we're looking at $973.03 a piece. They do accept paypal.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Crushercurtis

XKRACER would you be willing to make the harnesses for the lights? If so We'd like to send them directly to you. Since I'll be ordering a lot from you this year, you can just send mine over then with the rest of the stuff if that's okay.
Sure not a problem

Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 AM

Laris not sure if you've thought about it, but I requested that all my centers be white instead of 3 with one red one. That one red one is some kind of German thing.

The red lamp is the fog lamp, the white lamp is the rear driving light.
In Germany these lights have to have these colours, not sure about the USA.
If you wish you can get a white lamp instead of the red one, no problem, the price will be the same.
Just let me know your decision.
We are still looking for any pictures or wiring diagrams, if we find something I will send it to you.

So excited!

Check out the video

Attached Thumbnails Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-3.jpg   Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Crushercurtis; 02-20-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

That will be a fog light......... European law..... You will have to let me know as that will effect the loom

Quick Reply: Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion