XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need advice for security locking control module

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 01:41 PM
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts
Default I need advice for security locking control module

I have a 2002 XKR convertible with known issues with SLCM. First, a little background. About 2 years ago water from heavy rain got into trunk and module was damaged from condensation or splashed. Key fob receiver quit working, and convertible top operation was comprised. Power signal to pump relays kept dropping out. Since then, I have used the key to lock and unlock car, security alarm still worked. For the top operation, I added a rocker switch and button to power top relays to operate the top when I replaced all 6 hydraulic lines. This has worked well until the past few weeks.

Currently, when using the key to lock and unlock, it did not work on both doors, just driver's door) and the security does not activate. Or, the locks will cycle back and forth a few times, sometimes locking both doors, one, or none, security does not activate either. Trunk buttons on dash or lid do not work. These conditions are random, as sometimes they work, and sometimes they do not.
Battery is new, replaced 2 weeks ago.

My gut is telling me that I am having more issues with the SLCM and I probably need to replace it if I wish to regain full functionality of it.
My questions to the group are,
1. How close of match do the numbers on the module have to be? LJE2600AB is what it says on it. I have not been able to locate VCATS sticker in trunk.
2. I know it is a programmable part, but what has to be programed? To the car? or just the key fobs?
3. The module in my car appears to have been replaced at one point, there is a sticker that looks to be a date code that may be 2007 model.
4. If it has been replaced, what model number can I look for as replacement?

I hope that someone can assist me on what to look for when trying to locate a replacement part. So far, I have found a few close matches on ebay, but not sure if will work, and not sure what is involved with programming.

Old 06-06-2021, 04:05 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

The sticker should be in the tire well. If I recall correctly the only programming you need to do is for your remotes.

Gus
JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Old 06-06-2021, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,292 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Ideally, you need to match both the module number and the software revision (the /xxx number) printed on the VCATS label which, as Gus states, is normally in the tyre well.

If it's gone AWOL, then match to the label on your existing unit:- LJE2600AB/015. TBH, I'm unsure if it is critical; you could look for a replacement from a similar year convertible. Avoid anything pre-2001MY as they are definitely different.

The lock cycling may be a faulty door latch microswitch rather than the SLM.

The following users liked this post:
JayJagJay (06-06-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 09:45 AM
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

while it is possible that there is a faulty door micro switch, I think I will try to find a compatible security module, since I know it has bad spots in it. On a couple occasions, I have gone out to start the car, all acts normally, but when I hit the starter, I get absolutely nothing. It acts like it did not see the key. Last night it did this to my wife, I went to where the car was, disconnected the battery for about 30 seconds, reconnected battery and the car started right up. If anyone has the same year and model and could post a picture of their security module label, i would be thankful