XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I am getting closer....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default I think I am getting closer....

Yesterday it quit raining long enough for me to take a nice little test ride in my 2002 XK8. I have been chasing down lots of codes causing the check engine light to be on. My last repair was to replace the ho2 sensor on the drivers side.
At first it looked like that might have done the trick. The light was off, so I decided to try to get it smogged, so I can register it. On the way to the smog station the dreaded light came on again. I got a "restricted performance" message too.
Back at the shop my code reader says P0332. This translates to knock sensor on the #2 bank, circuit low. (passenger side?) Thanks to Jim Lombardi and this wonderful write up I have the information to do the replacement. I am still excited about the car. I am somewhat disappointed that it has so many problems. But I intend to just tackle them one at a time. At least my engine trouble codes are down to one this time.
This forum is a life saver. Without it I would be totally lost. Thank you everyone

Old 12-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 369 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Lanny
Yesterday it quit raining long enough for me to take a nice little test ride in my 2002 XK8. I have been chasing down lots of codes causing the check engine light to be on. My last repair was to replace the ho2 sensor on the drivers side.
At first it looked like that might have done the trick. The light was off, so I decided to try to get it smogged, so I can register it. On the way to the smog station the dreaded light came on again. I got a "restricted performance" message too.
Back at the shop my code reader says P0332. This translates to knock sensor on the #2 bank, circuit low. (passenger side?) Thanks to Jim Lombardi and this wonderful write up I have the information to do the replacement. I am still excited about the car. I am somewhat disappointed that it has so many problems. But I intend to just tackle them one at a time. At least my engine trouble codes are down to one this time.
This forum is a life saver. Without it I would be totally lost. Thank you everyone

I replaced my knock sensors earlier this year. Are you going to remove the intake manifold to get to them, or attempt to do it with the manifold in place?

Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Lanny - have we mentioned timing chain tensioners?
If your engine was manufactured before August 13th 2001 then you should check for plastic tensioners while you've got your head under the bonnet.