XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injectors changed, pulley uprated, why does it idle so high?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Injectors changed, pulley uprated, why does it idle so high?

I've just changed injectors and fuel filter, fitted the 10% uprated pulley on the sec and got it all back together, vented the charge cooling system multiple times (I know it'll need more) so after following the correct start up procedure, it decided that 3000 rpm from start-up was how its going to be. Each time it starts it revs up to 3k and surges, with no throttle control from me.
I bled air from the schraeder valve on the fuel rail but but its still going mad on start up. I'm going to check all of the vacuum lines again, but has anybody come across this sort of problem

Old 02-19-2017, 05:16 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Did you do a hard reset after all your work?

Gus
www.jagrepair.com

Old 02-19-2017, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

Your cable may be stuck. You could try flipping the accelerator a few times to see if that frees it. Engine does not need to be running.

You could check the cable too. Open the bonnet/hood (I am English) Look at the rear left of the engine. Bit nearest the windscreen/shield. In the left corner is a black plastic panel you can remove. Under there you will see another box with a lid. Look inside you will see your cable.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Default Sorted!

Well my own fault this one. The throttle cable adjuster had turned during the time I wad battling with the throttle body elbow removal/ refit and the adjuster was different to that shown in the manual, it looks like a holder not like a traditional adjuster. After turning it back the idle dropped back to normal and I'm back on the road, with a grin like the joker when the mid-range pulls! It looks like springtime is going to be noisy!!

Old 02-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Default Hard reset

Originally Posted by Gus
Did you do a hard reset after all your work?

Gus
www.jagrepair.com
Yes Gus I did do the hard reset. I thought it's best to start with a clean canvas after all that effort.