Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instructions on removing front bumper to install mesh grille

I have Jaguar instructions in pdf. I can Email to those who want them

----------------------------
EDIT
: PDF added folks!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2007_XK_front_bumper.pdf (433.8 KB, 4071 views)

Last edited by H20boy; 10-31-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added the PDF
Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Can you attach the pdf here? If not, send me an email to matt dot hopper @ att (dot) net and I can put it on the forum mediashare site and link it back into your thread here. Either way, its a good addition! thanks!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Just as an FYI, I installed a Mina Mesh Grille on my 2001 XK8 and not wanting screws showing front and center I purchased some stainless steel wire and looped it around the wire mesh. I then crimped the wires together and ran the remaining wire back to the "X" brace in front of the radiator, looped it around the brace and crimped these wires together. No visible screws in the center of the new mesh grille. I did use the small screws in each corner of the grille because they are basically invisible from the front.

th_006.jpg?t=1288290485 th_005.jpg?t=1288290485

Old 10-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't wait to get a copy. I plan on performing this mod over the winter.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Ditto for me. I may be picking up an xk8 2000 and that'll be one of the first things done. Thanks.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

front bumper removal file, in PDF added thanks to the OP

The following 2 users liked this post by H20boy:
David01 (03-04-2011), White Bear (10-19-2012)
Old 11-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Hate to trouble you, but you mentioned the addition of a PDF file on removing the bumper and grills to install a new Mina mesh grill. Am I missing something in your post? Where can I find this PDF file, you give thanks to the OP.

I'm new, so I appreciate your time. Still learning how to move around the site.

Can't find any FAQs at all, irregardless of the words I enter. Thanks.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it really neccessary to remove the headlights???

Old 05-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Default Hello Chaps

I see the PDF details the removal from a 2007 car - is there any difference if it was a 1999 ?

(also looking at fitting the aftermarket grill)

Thanks

Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Default xk8 bumper cover removal

Same question as purplecat. does anyone have instructions for bumper cover removal for an early xk8 (1997)

Old 03-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi gents. +1 for bumper removal instructions on 97-06 XK8/XKRs? Any advice is appreciated, no need for PDF or any other fanciness. Just a good step by step write up would be great!

Old 06-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Default can you please send me information on removing 2001 xkr bumper cover removal thanks

Can you please send me the information on how to remove the front bumper cover on a 2001 xkr? I'm putting on a one piece grill.

Originally Posted by jimgostic
I have Jaguar instructions in pdf. I can Email to those who want them

----------------------------
EDIT
: PDF added folks!

Old 12-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, I have a 2000 Jaguar XK8. I bought a three piece grill on Ebay. The seller is very bad at communication. I have looked at the grill, which looks OK, but it does not seem to fit in the space. The only communication I did get from the seller suggested to swap the overiders. By that I think he means the plastic covers in the grill. Mine are not great, and the ones that he had for sale looked worse. When I look at my car, the covers and the grill, what really seems to be the problem is the edges. The mounting points seem to line up, it is the distal ends that seem to big to fit. On the 2007 grill there is info on removing the front bumper to make the grill work. Is that the case for the 2000 three piece grill? It would seem to make sense. Someone above seemed to mention is removing the headlights necessary. Well is it? Thanks for any info... why is it not posted on this thread anyway?

Last edited by trchaves; 12-08-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Received 191 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by trchaves
OK, I have a 2000 Jaguar XK8. I bought a three piece grill on Ebay. The seller is very bad at communication. I have looked at the grill, which looks OK, but it does not seem to fit in the space. The only communication I did get from the seller suggested to swap the overiders. By that I think he means the plastic covers in the grill. Mine are not great, and the ones that he had for sale looked worse. When I look at my car, the covers and the grill, what really seems to be the problem is the edges. The mounting points seem to line up, it is the distal ends that seem to big to fit. On the 2007 grill there is info on removing the front bumper to make the grill work. Is that the case for the 2000 three piece grill? It would seem to make sense. Someone above seemed to mention is removing the headlights necessary. Well is it? Thanks for any info... why is it not posted on this thread anyway?
I recently installed an XKR factory 3 piece mesh grill into my 2004 XK8. I agree that the grill seems not correct for the car, I wasn't convinced until I got it on and placed the bumper cover up on the car to test fit. So with that out of the way, I think there are instructions here on the forum on how to remove the bumper cover that someone wrote a while ago, and you should be able to find them, but I will give my condensed version for you, which may not give you every single intricate step, but should be a good guide. First, I removed the front wheel well front inner liners (just the front liner as there are 2 per wheel well, a front and a rear) this should be fairly obvious on how to do...there are some plastic rivets that pull out and some plastic nuts too. See post 8 in this thread for instructions https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...r-tank-132585/

I did pull the front wheels and put the car on jack stands to do this. I had just bought a new electric scissor jack, which made it ultra easy. Next I removed the plastic under-tray screws underneath where it attaches to the lower fenders, these were philips on my car. I think there maybe are 3 screws on each side. Then I removed the bolts holding the bumper cover at the top near the radiator. You can see these bolts when the hood (bonnet) is open. I think there are 6 of these and they are maybe 8mm. The flank a large black plastic rivet in the center. A socket wrench will fit here, but I had to open the hood further than normal to get at all but the 2 outer ones. NOTE: when I eventually removed the bumper cover from the car, there were washer stacks under here where these bolts went through, as spacers for the correct final height of the bumper cover. I don't know if this is factory, or someone's handy work. Anyhow, I used tape to hold the washers in place when I reinstalled the cover, I just poked a hole through the tape for the bolts to go through. Anyhow, I removed the gas struts that hold the hood up in order to over extend the hood, giving me access needed to get my socket wrench in to remove these bolts. Next, I pulled out the side marker lights and disconnected the wire harness, and I disconnected the fog light wiring too. There is no need to remove the headlights or any other wiring. The last thing I removed are 3 or 4 bolts that hold the bumper cover to the lower fender. Pretty sure there are 3 on each side. You lie on your back and reach into the fender area to get to these, not difficult. Now the bumper cover is free, except for the very large plastic xmas tree rivet right in the center of the cover near the badge area that I already mentioned. I just used a screw driver to free it somewhat, and I could then pull the entire bumper cover off the car. It takes about 45 mins to remove the bumper cover. With that off, the plastic overriders and chrome splitter can come off. The overriders are held on with plastic rivets on the top side into the bumper. The mesh grill it attached with these same rivets. I think that is about all the info you should need.

Last edited by SteveJacks; 12-08-2014 at 06:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jag Pilot (12-10-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great! Thanks Steve this thing has been driving me crazy. I got the grill from Ebay. It came with no instructions and the seller would not communicate with me after many many messages to him and starting a case, I got an offer to swap overidders. I did find in one post that the chrome splitter hole in the overidders I have would show and not look right... maybe that is what he was talking about? I was looking at the ends of the grill and had no idea why they seemed so long and not to the shape of the Jag's opening. Now I get it they are tucked inside the mouth hole.

Thank you very much!

Old 12-09-2014, 04:24 PM

Great! Thanks Steve this thing has been driving me crazy. I got the grill from Ebay. It came with no instructions and the seller would not communicate with me after many many messages to him and starting a case, I got an offer to swap overidders. I did find in one post that the chrome splitter hole in the overidders I have would show and not look right... maybe that is what he was talking about? I was looking at the ends of the grill and had no idea why they seemed so long and not to the shape of the Jag's opening. Now I get it they are tucked inside the mouth hole.

Thank you very much!
Correct about the ends not being seen. As far as the overriders, yes, I kept my originals, and yes, the cut out area for the splitter is visible, but it isn't something that looks strange, wrong, or odd...if you want, I could take a photo.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Received 136 Likes on 76 Posts

Thank you very much!
Can you post a link to the product you purchased on ebay. thanks.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by scottatl
Can you post a link to the product you purchased on ebay. thanks.
I didn't purchase it on ebay, rather, Amazon, it was quite some time ago and the post is no longer available. I looked at ebay and without a doubt this is the same part, the mounting locations are the same, etc. 1997 2005 Jaguar XKR Mesh Grille with Bumpers Orginal Jaguar Part | eBay

A bit pricey though.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:57 AM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveJacks
I didn't purchase it on ebay, rather, Amazon, it was quite some time ago and the post is no longer available. I looked at ebay and without a doubt this is the same part, the mounting locations are the same, etc. 1997 2005 Jaguar XKR Mesh Grille with Bumpers Orginal Jaguar Part | eBay

A bit pricey though.
Steve,

I've copied the photos from the ebay link in your post. This thread will be here long after the ebay listing has disappeared.

Instructions on removing front bumper to install mesh grille-steve.jpg

Graham

The following users liked this post:
SteveJacks (12-10-2014)
Old 12-11-2014, 10:20 AM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I thought removing the bumper on my 01' XKR was a PITA to only then have to put it right back on just to install a new Mina Stainless Grill. I used an air hack saw to reduce the stock grill into 3 smaller pieces that fit thru the mouth opening easily. By putting the cuts where they could NOT be seen when reinstalled, this grill is reuseable. If someone wanted to use this grill again, it would only be a matter of either tack welding the cuts, or by using small sheet metal screws to attach separate straps to re-join the 3 parts. And they would not have to remove the nose to do it.

Quick Reply: Instructions on removing front bumper to install mesh grille