Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's alive!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
Smile It's alive!!!

After serious physical injury, removing the center muffler of the exhaust, and finding where one bolt went(it took me days), the trans is in. Since it came from a flood car with only 40,000 miles, I flushed 40 liters of trans fluid with an electric pump, while the engine was running in drive, and every other gears the Jag would let me use, through the return line of the new oil cooler into a bucket. I did this until I deemed it clear enough for a test ride, without damaging anything. Made my new trans cooler lines out of copper tubing, by soldering different sizes together, and anchored them to the lower bellhousing bolts, to keep them from fatiguing from engine movement.(I had to re-sweat one joint)

I erased all the codes that the trans and engine spit at me, when the other trans gave up the ghost. There were 19 of them. I then drove my baby for 75 miles on all types of roads, with no codes, or any trouble happening. It will be my primary driver for the next month, so the emission place should get all the info they want, even though I drove it for a week before, and returned with no codes, they failed me, for not enough information in my ECM. After the month, which I figure will put around a thousand miles on the clock, and after she passes emissions, I will drop the pan, inspect all that is visible, change the filter, and perform a traditional fluid change with around 5 liters of fluid.

I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS JOB AGAIN!!!! This one almost killed my old ***.

All that is left to do, until I feel comfortable with it, is have the windshield changed, have the rear bumper painted, and run the chrome strips up from the headlights to the end of the front fenders, in a straight line, like my E-Type. My wife nixxed my putting the circles on the doors and hood, with my number on it, but they might show up later. Once they are there, she can't really take them off......For the time being at least, Life Is Good.

Be cool.....Mike

Old 05-16-2015, 01:40 PM
Received 673 Likes on 486 Posts

Nice job! Glad you survived!!

The following users liked this post:
mrplow58 (05-16-2015)