XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar emblems?

Old 11-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 456 Likes on 299 Posts

Whist you guys are talking emblems etc I want to replace the Jag logo that is in the Centre (or center if your American) of the boot plinth? It is on the button to open the XK boot (Trunk if your American). Mine has gone rather dark and I cannot find one anywhere. Its only a silly self adhesive sticker. Even thought of buying a plinth but they are a silly price for such a simple replacement. The size is 1 inch diameter. All the other logos are too big, Wheel logos etc. Even Jag keyrings are the wrong size to fit, I thought about removing the enameled logo and gluing it in place. So any ideas ?

Old 11-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member

This is what mine looks like Jaguar X-Type Boot Release Switch Button Saloon | eBay

You can see why I wish to replace it.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

Mine looked like that, all dull and gray. I cleaned it with a little isopropyl alcohol.

Be careful though, alcohol softens the plastic, so use just a little bit on a rag. And don't press it right away or you could leave a fingerprint in the button.

Risky, I know, but if you are to the point of replacing it anyway, what's to lose.

Last edited by ccfulton; 11-02-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by frankc
Whist you guys are talking emblems etc I want to replace the Jag logo that is in the Centre (or center if your American) of the boot plinth? It is on the button to open the XK boot (Trunk if your American). Mine has gone rather dark and I cannot find one anywhere. Its only a silly self adhesive sticker. Even thought of buying a plinth but they are a silly price for such a simple replacement. The size is 1 inch diameter. All the other logos are too big, Wheel logos etc. Even Jag keyrings are the wrong size to fit, I thought about removing the enameled logo and gluing it in place. So any ideas ?
Check out this thread:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-course-47400/

Old 11-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

I clean mine with plastic headlight restorer and it looks like new.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,252 Likes on 687 Posts

I chose to go with this leaper version

That one does not look to be available but this one is and should fit:
Jaguar Round Car Sticker Emblem Decal Badge in Black | eBay

Old 11-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

Jaguar Round Car Sticker Emblem Decal Badge | eBay

Look what I found. Now I have a dilemma. Do I go black the original colour, Green the Jag colour or Red to match the rest of the decals on the wheels etc

Old 11-05-2014, 05:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

Jaguar Round Car Sticker Emblem Decal Badge | eBay

Look what I found. Now I have a dilemma. Do I go black the original colour, Green the Jag colour or Red to match the rest of the decals on the wheels etc
I'd decided with Red, Accents with the tail lights, center caps on wheels and leaper on sides, now if I could just get ride of the amber lenses (yes I know amdesh has some just pricey for what they are)