XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kaiser Cars & Coffee June 26 Reminder

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Kaiser Cars & Coffee June 26 Reminder

Here's a reminder.. Next Saturday June 26 from 07:30 to 09:30 it's a meet at Kaiser Station Oregon for Kaiser Cars & Coffee.

After the meet there is going to be a cruise to Tacoma to checkout the new Griot's Garage facilty and maybe do a little shopping.

I hope to have better luck driving to the meet next week. I didn't fair very well trying to drive to last months meet when I was run off of the road and totaled my XK8.

Mark

Old 06-21-2010, 07:56 PM

ttt

Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Glad to see you're trying another meet GreenJ, good luck with it!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:58 PM

Here's a link to a slide show from the May meet that I was unable to attend.

I'll be at this meet Saturday but unfortunately not with my Jag. I'd like to meet those that are on this forum even though I'll be in a Chevy instead of a Jag.

When all of this legal stuff is over, and I think it will be close to a year away, I'll be looking for an XKR.

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=9ad5d7f4.pbw

Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Veteran member

Oregon is a little far for this Texan, but I wish you luck on the event.

Good to hear you're recovering nicely and getting the XKR bug again...afraid there's no cure for that ailment.

Don't forget the pics from the meet, a group shot is a must!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenJewel

I hope to have better luck driving to the meet next week. I didn't fair very well trying to drive to last months meet when I was run off of the road and totaled my XK8.

Mark
Wow. I just had a similar experience last month on the Salem Parkway near the Chemawa Road exit. A driver for a local heating company turned into my lane and forced me into the concrete guardrail, totaling our beautiful red 1999 XK8 coupe.

Last week we bought a 2000 XK8 convertible with only 9,800 miles on the OD.

I'll look you up on Saturday morning and we can swap lies.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to try to attend. My two sons are coming for the weekend and I'm sure they would enjoy the meet. Loved the pics from the last meet, not too many jags it seems. I'll have my S type all shined up and ready to make her first appearance. Glad your doing to make it. Hope to see you there.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by NCE KTY
Wow. I just had a similar experience last month on the Salem Parkway near the Chemawa Road exit. A driver for a local heating company turned into my lane and forced me into the concrete guardrail, totaling our beautiful red 1999 XK8 coupe.

Last week we bought a 2000 XK8 convertible with only 9,800 miles on the OD.

I'll look you up on Saturday morning and we can swap lies.
Wow! Glad to hear you made out better than I did!

Great find on the XK8, where did you find it?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by GaryinOregon
I'm going to try to attend. My two sons are coming for the weekend and I'm sure they would enjoy the meet. Loved the pics from the last meet, not too many jags it seems. I'll have my S type all shined up and ready to make her first appearance. Glad your doing to make it. Hope to see you there.
I think the Jag looks better than all of the other cars there and you don't see very many. Last year I didn't own my XK8 so my wife and I attended in our red plastic car. I didn't see one Jag there. That's why I posted this here to show the others what a great looking car the Jag is. And they are able to hold their own on the track too.

I'll get another in the future but it's got to be a coupe. I'm stuck on the coupe's lines.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by h20boy
Oregon is a little far for this Texan, but I wish you luck on the event.

Good to hear you're recovering nicely and getting the XKR bug again...afraid there's no cure for that ailment.

Don't forget the pics from the meet, a group shot is a must!
Matt it's only a 4135.7 mile round trip from Fort Worth. A 60 hour piece of cake ride. Great with your top down!! You & yours can stay with me and mine. Don't forget, it starts at 07:30. I'll keep the coffee hot and buy you one at Starbucks!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:53 AM

[quote=GreenJewel;216060]

Great find on the XK8, where did you find it?[/quote]

Mark: believe it or not, I found the 2000 XK8 online through AutoTrader. It was offered by Steve Pound Wholesale on Sauvie's Island. (Pound deals in exotics, boats, etc. He even has a beautiful, mint condition Aston Martin if anyone is interested.)

The red 1999 coupe was my wife's dream car, so when it was totaled (139,000 mi.), she went back to eBay Motors where we found the coupe 6 1/2 years ago to see if she could snag another good deal. Like you, Mark, we love the lines of the coupe also, but a nice older (affordable) coupe with low miles is very hard to come by.

So when I saw the 2000 XK8 in AutoTrader and visited Steve Pound's website, I was very interested even though it's a convertible (http://bit.ly/b2rGgW).

I really had limited time for car searching, so I called Dale Gordon, a car broker at Autoland who works with First Tech CU where I do business. Dale searched his contacts on the West Coast for a coupe with no luck; they were out there, but "not something I would buy," according to Dale. When I told him about the XK8 that Pound had, Dale inspected it thoroughly and negotiated a good deal for me on commission. I financed it through First Tech at less than 4% -- a screamin' rate for a used car.

I highly recommend working with Dale if you are looking for a new/used car. He treats every search and inspection as if he is purchasing for himself. Let me know if you are interested and I'll put you in touch with him. If you start looking now, you may be able to get a line on a nice coupe -- maybe even in Phoenix Red!

Hope to see you Saturday. Look for me and the (Topaz) Jag and I'll buy you a cuppa joe.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:53 AM

Great find Ed. I was messing around on the net while (at work sheee don't tell) on car dot com and found my dream car. Exact color and 27K on the clock. It was located at Tonkins Grand Torsizmo parked with the Bentley's and Ferrias. We test drove it for a couple of hours on the roads that we usually drive and bought it when we returned.

I was very surprised how much pep it had and I didn't use the sport mode, I didn't know what that button was for. I had pressed it and the light came on but without pressing on the go peddle nothing changed so I shut it off. When we returned to Tonkins I asked what that button was for and was told it was sport mode. I was still in the driver's seat and looked at the salesman and said "Well we'll have to try this out". The look on his face was priceless!! We didn't try it out until I bought it the next day. I wanted a warranty and they were not ready to give one so we left. When we got home there was a message on our answering machine telling me that they could setup a warranty. I called them back and told them we would be in the following day, a Saturday and we bought the car. We got a 60K 3 year warranty that covered the car from steam to stearn with $100 deductible. I had the throttle body replaced and the ABS board fixed in two separate trips for a total of $200. I did replace the battery (biggest one I've ever put into a car) and a set of tires.

We really enjoyed the car. I never put it through it's paces to see what it would really do on our roads in the Brooks area back twisties. I did play but never had it show what it really had. It was my dream car too.

When this whole legal mess is over with I'll be hunting for another. This time it will be a newer than 2000 so I don't have to worry about the secondary tensioners or water pump with the plastic blades etc. I'm not crazy about the front end shape of the newer Jags, no fog lights which I think made the car look sharp and driving the back roads to go to work on the grave yard shift I need all the light I had have looking for dear and elk. I don't think I blink more than twice for 20 miles!

See you Saturday.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:50 PM

Looking forward to our meet-up. If you remember the provider of your after-market warranty, please let me know. I'm in the market for same.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by NCE KTY
Looking forward to our meet-up. If you remember the provider of your after-market warranty, please let me know. I'm in the market for same.
Chrysler Service Contracts, Inc.
PO Box 2700
Troy, Michigan 48007
1-800-521-9922 USA
1-800-465-2001 in Canada

48/60 Previously owned added care plus plan

The dealer set this up. I don't know if you can buy it without having a dealer selling it to you. It's worth a call to the 800 number. Let me know.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

WOW, that car looks brand new!! Beautiful find.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
WOW, that car looks brand new!! Beautiful find.
Thanks, I consider myself very lucky!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Veteran member

Bump for some last day publicity and a reminder to all about the 26th!