XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limited seat travel

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Limited seat travel

A while back I unbolted passenger seat from the floor, did some work and then re-attached the seat. But it appears I used a wrong set of holes somewhere because now the seat stops several inches short of normal rearward travel - same place every time, normal stop, so I feel sure it's not a motor or gear malfunction. Problem is, I can't get to the front attachment bolts because they're covered by the top rail because the seat doesn't go back far enough to expose them. So how do I get access to those front bolts? I also had the seat controller disconnected - is there some sort of calibration or alignment routine required in order to get normal travel?

Old 07-17-2015, 09:55 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

The seat must have gone sufficiently rearwards for you to fit the front bolts when you refitted it so it's unlikely you put them in the wrong set of holes.

Here's another classic example of why we ask members to put Model & Year details in their forum Signatures. Your 2004 is very different from earlier models.

On your model, the driver's seat has a track position sensor and the passenger seat has an occupancy sensor. In both instances these components form an integral part of the air bag SRS (Supplemental Restraint System).

It could be as simple as something blocking the passenger seat track preventing full rearwards travel or it could be an issue with the SRS.

Although the Seat Module is a programmable module, it doesn't require subsequent seat movement calibration in the same way as e.g. window travel limit switches after a power disconnect. Unlikely to be the module unless any of the harness connections are loose or damaged.

Graham

Old 07-17-2015, 11:05 PM
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry about the omission of the MY. Hmmm, sounds like I have a weird issue here. I swear, I don't see anything blocking travel, and it stops so crisply that it doesn't appear to be a blockage issue. I'll just have to investigate further. Looks like there are a lot of other bolts that can be removed, so if nothing else, I'll approach it that way - I was just concerned about possibly upsetting drive relationships. Might be something simple - I was just hoping to get lucky with a known issue answer.