XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for discontinued seat module

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for discontinued seat module

Hi. I have a 2003 XKR, and the air bag light is on. The local Jag dealer has determined that it is the drivers side seat control module. It is hanging down, and the plastic casing is broken. They tell me they can no linger get the part.
I have checked some auto parts places, and they all tell me this part is discontinued and no longer available.
The part number is LJE2160AB/XXX.
Would anyone know where I could find a replacement part?
Thanks.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

I am pretty sure I have one if you are interested.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

Have you read the blinking airbag light yourself? It will blink a certain amount of times and you count the blinks to read the code (ie 1 blink, pause, 5 blinks would be airbag code #15). There is a list of codes on the forums. Many times airbag light will come simply from a faulty plug connection. Mine did this recently. If it is throwing a code like mine did, you can always try this first: disconnect the four seat rail bolts and tilt the seat back to expose the bottom of the seat where the connectors are. Make sure you disconnect the battery before tampering with airbag connectors. I disconnected all the the plugs (3 yellow and 1 black) and sprayed them with electrical cleaner, then reconnected. No more airbag light. I've attached a picture of the driver's side seat bottom of my 06 XK8.

As for the seat module hanging down, depending on how it broke, sometimes you can JB Weld the case back together. Attached is a picture of mine after a JB Weld fix on both sides. Note how they tend to crack, making it so the studs will not hold and therefore cannot be bolted to the seat bottom.

Attached Thumbnails Looking for discontinued seat module-img_0469.jpg   Looking for discontinued seat module-img_0291.jpg  

Last edited by chillyphilly; 09-02-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The module lids are avail for about $7. I have a couple extra ones. They break because in time the seat pan they are bolted to flexes. Especially if under a tub of lard like myself. When you rectify the light, PM me and Ill send you a lid.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information and the offer of a new cover. In playing with it, it seems the airbag light goes off or on, depending on the position of the module. It seems to be a positional thing? I will check for any obvious loose wires, and then if I can secure the module into a position where the light is off for an extended period, I may just replace the cracked lid and leave it.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Received 247 Likes on 177 Posts
Default There are also rebuild services available

Should the repair be more than a broken case there are several people who repair those modules and a few of them are on eBay. Often it's nothing more than a broken solder joint or two.

Just a heads up.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

When I found my module case hanging down for the same reason, I used a strip of 2" wide stick-on industrial strength velcro on the case top to attach the module back underneath the seat. It's been over a year like that with no sign of coming loose, it's been much easier to detach and reattach, and I believe the little bit of flex the velcro mounting gives helps damp movements and so prevent problems such as rubbed away tracks, cracked plastic etc.