XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low window adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Low window adjustment?

Hi Need some help please. I have the inside of the drivers door exposed, loose in the bottom of the door there are two rubbery "rattle" or guides pieces one 6" other 1"
Looking up from inside to the adjustable guide at the very top there is attached an identical 1" rubber so the loose one might have previosly been replaced and just left in the bottom of the door?
The window when it goes right the way down rattles against the guide if I raise the window so that it nearly protrudes it doen't rattle is there any adjustment to stop the window going down too far?
Any idea where the 6" piece lives?
Good tip for getting the black plastic lining off the inside of the door is a hairdryer on a warm setting (not too hot it makes it more stickey to pull off) Warm the plastic and slowly peel it back came off in one piece.
Thanks Reverend Sam for the great video.

Cheers Al

Old 01-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Al maybe this will help

The door glass needs to be fully up.

Remove the interior door light lens cover (lower outside corner of the
door panel). The lens cover has a small slot on the underside in the middle. Insert a small blade screw drive in the slot and release the catch. You can see the catch if you look through the slot. You gently press the catch towards the door and the lens cover will slide downward for removal.

Insert a 3.5+ inch long 5/32 (or 4mm I believe) Hex key/Allen wrench into the hole cutout next to the door panel light (this hole is exposed once you remove the lens cover). You need a Allen wrench that is longer than 3.5 inches as 3.5 inches will barely clear the door panel when you turn it. If you shine a light in the hole you will see three bolt heads (two silver bolts on either side of a black bolt). Ignore the two silver bolts. The tilt adjustment bolt is the black bolt that is directly inline with the hole in the door panel (the two silver bolts are the mounting bolts for the adjuster).

Turning the Allen Wrench one way tilts the door glass inward, turning the Allen wrench the other way tilts the door glass outward. In other words, (if I remember correctly) turning clockwise (AKA tightening) the bolt tilts the glass outward (because it pull the bottom of the glass inward), turning counter-clockwise (AKA loosening) the bolt tilts the glass inward (because it pushes the bottom of the glass outward).

Slide the lens cover back on (slide up to catch).

This is very very easy adjustment to make.

Let us know if this works for you,,,

Happy New Year,,,

Last edited by Count_Damonee; 01-03-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 PM

Hi Da Count Happy New Year.Thanks for your reply it wasn't the angle of the channel it was the height of the glass.But I was on the wrong track and I think I now know how to sort it.The two pieces of rubber that I found in the bottom of the door fit on the opposite side of the glass on the top return of metal on the door.I have tried to clip back on but so far no luck I think I will make a metal tool to support the rubber to be able to pull it up into position the gap is too small to be able to get your fingers in.I found it by noticing a slight stain where the rubber had been before it dropped off the 6" one on the left 1" on the right.
Thanks again for you prompt reply will let you know when I have cracked it!

Al

Old 01-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

"Thanks again for you prompt reply will let you know when I have cracked it!"

Don't Crack it,,, AL you'll have little pieces everywhere...

Old 01-03-2012, 06:08 PM

Too late it's cracked! see thread "window rattle"

Al