XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 08:52 PM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Lower Pulley?

Hello, I'm considering upgrading my lower crankshaft pulley for my 4.0 XKR. I already have the upper pulley, but was wondering if anyone has done it and what their results or review are. Did you send it in to have it machined or take it to the shop to have them do it? If you removed it yourself, was it difficult to do?

​​​

Old 05-18-2017, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 916 Likes on 654 Posts
Smile

lossking,

Back when I had my 2000 XKR, I called Steve @ Eurotek Designs in NY. Since the 4 Liter Pulley is no longer available from Jaguar, you will have to send yours overnight to him so that he can rebuild it.....He has a kit including the Pulley, Belt and tensioner pulley.....I don't know what else they do to the 4 Liter at this time...You will need to check with them! I do know, it will be a completely different Car.....and you don't want to do the job as the Pulley is hard to get off......You may have someone in California that does this trick also....So look around!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Old 05-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bcprice36
lossking,

Back when I had my 2000 XKR, I called Steve @ Eurotek Designs in NY. Since the 4 Liter Pulley is no longer available from Jaguar, you will have to send yours overnight to him so that he can rebuild it.....He has a kit including the Pulley, Belt and tensioner pulley.....I don't know what else they do to the 4 Liter at this time...You will need to check with them! I do know, it will be a completely different Car.....and you don't want to do the job as the Pulley is hard to get off......You may have someone in California that does this trick also....So look around!

Billy Clyde in Houston

Thanks for the response. I just recently found a great place for servicing my jag rather than go to a dealership. They said they had a guy who may be able to do performance parts, which is awesome since he owns a dyno shop. I'll have to give him a call tomorrow and see if he can install the upper pulley and lower.

How did you like the ride? No issues? Overheating or anything? I'm guessing it bumped power up to maybe 410-420 ish?

Old 05-19-2017, 03:36 AM
Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi,

I'm also interested in doing this and it would be very nice if someone could share some real dyno tests result before and after swap of both lower/upper pulley.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 916 Likes on 654 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by lossking_
Thanks for the response. I just recently found a great place for servicing my jag rather than go to a dealership. They said they had a guy who may be able to do performance parts, which is awesome since he owns a dyno shop. I'll have to give him a call tomorrow and see if he can install the upper pulley and lower.

How did you like the ride? No issues? Overheating or anything? I'm guessing it bumped power up to maybe 410-420 ish?
Lossking & Salo, I did this years ago when Phil not Steve at Eurotek still had the Programmer for the 4 Liter XKR Computer...It broke and they no longer program your Computer. As I said, they can still make your lower Pulley into a larger one but you have to send it overnight to them and they will sell you the kit. Someone mentioned Powerhouse Automotive as a good place for an Aluminum Pulley you might try them. They will sell you a Pulley and Belt that will fit and a Belt Tensioner, whatever you need...Look at their website as they are still into 4 Liters.....I don't remember the exact increase in HP or Torque but I remember it really woke the little bugger-up....It was really fun to drive! not that it wasn't before but you know what I mean!!! Seems that it was around 30HP but the Torque was where the difference was!

Sounds like you have found someone to do the install. Let him look at their website and determine what all he needs to do the job correctly....I'm sure lots of Jag Guys in California have done the same thing and can help you too!

Billy Clyde in Houston