XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods/electronics updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods/electronics updates

OK so call me crazy but hear me out on these ok so I see people switching out the sat nav with like say the Garmin or the galaxy note. But wat about something completely different whyou not a touch screen head unit that is android designed such as this one
https://www.amazon.com/Lollipop-Rece...1%7C7045179011
And ik what ur thinking there is no radio hook up ; up there well why take the factory radio out put like a little black pocket there or plastic cover and run the head unit wires to it... u would have everything, DVD player, back up camera, navigation, apps, and a bunch of other stuff you want I mean hell u could even be on **** hub for those long road trips by urself haha,
Next I got a treat for yall let's say this doesn't work well check this out
What is VOYO? Increase driving safety & fuel efficiency | Voyomotive
Voyo plugs into the diagnostics port below ur steering wheel, and connects to ur phone it can tell you ur gas mileage trip revs, and read any and all ur codes ur throwing even gI've you warnings ahead of time, now here is where the really cool part comes in u can change out ur fuses to bluetooth compatible fuses that go with the diagnosis port, so like u can turn on and off headlights have it automatically open trunk if ur walking from back or unlock as ur walking up and lock as ur walking away, remote start all kinds of stuff from ur phone so let's say all this and the android head unit works.... the head unit has Bluetooth and can download the voyo app and while ur driving u could be monitoring everything from oil temp. Boost pressure if u hooked that up, all different kinds of stuff it would be even more modern most cars out there today

Old 09-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

A few things:
1. This isn't going to fit where the stock navigation fits
2. There are ways to fit a double din like this where the single din is and relocating the middle row of switches, but it isn't quite as factory looking as some of the navigation swaps
3. I am surprised I haven't seen more tablet based swaps

Old 09-11-2016, 04:45 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

Those Android based units have a terrible reputation. My shop won't even install them anymore.

As stated to get a double din is possible but requires other control relocation. The Nav area is pretty shallow.

I thought about a tablet swap but it wouldn't be that great. There really is no silver bullet here but everyone seems to find something they can live with.