XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav system grrr!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Nav system grrr!!!!

I am so sick of the finger pointing between Jaguar, Navteq, and others on the Nav system DVDs.

I have a 2004 XK8 with the Alpine system. I know we are not supposed to ask about copied discs, but the problem is that the actual disc isn't even available through the vendors anymore. They just keep pointing me back and forth between the different entities. Grrrr!

Perhaps someone should copy their Alpine disc and just stick it up on Bit Torrent or Limewire as an anonymous download. That way others can download the ISO image and burn their own without any hassle. This would keep them anonymous but still get people what they need. Its not like we bought a cheap old Ford Fusion and we are ripping of Jaguar by using their disc in another maker's car. We OWN a Jaguar product!

I cannot even make the clock work on the screen without the disc which is totally crappy.

If you have a Jaguar Alpine NAV DVD Jaguar P/N is 4W83-10E898-GA , Alpine P/N is BM9JG91F, and would like to sell it, copy it off for me, share it for a few days whatever, that would be great.

I am not opposed to buying one if someone out there has one to sell. I just want the damn thing to work. And yes...I keep checking eBAY. Havent found an Alpine one for the US in the past 8 mos.

Also does anyone know if it is possible to replace the Alpine unit (DVD mounted) with the DENSO model? Will it still work with the same LCD and controls? I see a lot more DENSO discs and even whole NAV units available on eBAY.

Thanks, S.T.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Squanto, jaguarforums cannot support discs to be copied and thus openly traded and sold to our members. Bit Torrent is one avenue for getting disc images, but again, jaguarforums will not allow any direct links or posted avenues for acquiring copyrighted materials. I am sorry.

The latest version you refer to is difficult to find, especially on ebay. I too have looked in the past. Sent you a PM.

In the meantime, good luck looking for that elusive clock!

Regarding the Denso vs Alpine, the BUS protocols are different, and the system needs to communicate with the head unit, the CD changer and the NAV unit. One cannot work w/o the other. All sorts of wires and communication pathways interconnecting these leave a replacement option as being impossible.