XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation DVD Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have an 06 STR, does Jaguar still provide update disks for the US market? Does Toyota use the same system?

Old 06-16-2012, 08:40 PM
vs2
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by harlequin2
"Private Message"
I have a 2006 XK imported from Japan and the nav unit had a Jap DVD inserted. Not much good here! I bought a NZ DVD from Whereis and it does bring up the map display, but no street names and the destination input won't accept addresses. I suspect its becaus ethe actual DVD drive is also Jap. as I took the cover off and it has a "JPN" label stuck on it. How primitive that they don't just have different firmware for different languages! So I am stuck with a $A300 DVD that doesn't work for me. If anyone can offer any suggestions, I'd react in a suitably grateful manner as I do have a DL DVD burner.
Did you get this sorted? Try this at your own risk.
With NZ Nav disk in, go to nav screen then hold top centre of screen until a menu comes up, then punch in '660' and ok, then change language in car configurator.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vs2
Did you get this sorted? Try this at your own risk.
With NZ Nav disk in, go to nav screen then hold top centre of screen until a menu comes up, then punch in '660' and ok, then change language in car configurator.
Thanks, I'll give this a try and let you know.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:02 PM

Thanks, a PIN pad came up and I entered 660 to find a vehicle configuration menu. The language selected was already English as this menu shows the state of various parameters that you can set via the normal screen menus and I had selected English at that level when I imported the car. Couldn't find anything that allowed me to alter the nav unit DVD player though. And that's where the problem lies, I'm sure, because it has a "JP" label stuck on it.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:22 PM
vs2

Thanks, a PIN pad came up and I entered 660 to find a vehicle configuration menu. The language selected was already English as this menu shows the state of various parameters that you can set via the normal screen menus and I had selected English at that level when I imported the car. Couldn't find anything that allowed me to alter the nav unit DVD player though. And that's where the problem lies, I'm sure, because it has a "JP" label stuck on it.
I found this on another website. If you don't have a 2010 Europe disk I could send you one.

I have a Japanese Import & need to update the software for use in New Zealand
First you need to load a Western Europe disc, preferably 2010, this will update the software from the JP version.
Then load up the AUS-NZ disc, and it should work. If you have JaguarVoice then it'll still be in Japanese
But you could replace the module with one from Europe if you really wanted to...

Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by vs2
I found this on another website. If you don't have a 2010 Europe disk I could send you one.

I have a Japanese Import & need to update the software for use in New Zealand
First you need to load a Western Europe disc, preferably 2010, this will update the software from the JP version.
Then load up the AUS-NZ disc, and it should work. If you have JaguarVoice then it'll still be in Japanese
But you could replace the module with one from Europe if you really wanted to...
In that menu I found a button labelled "Loading", so I pressed it and it asked for a disk, then shut off. I left it for 15 minutes, but nothing happened and now there is no response from the Navigation button. So it looks as if it tried to re-program the nav unit from my NZ disk and failed. The first step would have been to wipe the memory prior to programming, so I'm left with a "mindless" lump! I'm going to pull it apart now and see what memory chips are inside, but I think my only hope is to get hold of a working one and copy the memory. I've sent off a query to the Jag dealer to see what they might have to say, but I'm not hopeful. Just as well I have a TomTom unit to actually do the navigating!
Thanks for the offer of a disk, but if I can't get the nav unit up on the screen, I can't get the PIN pad or the menu, so the disk is no help.
If anyone would like to buy my now superfluous NZ nav Disk (latest one from WhereIs) its for sale at a reduced price. Cost me $NZ375, make an offer!

Old 06-17-2012, 09:52 PM
vs2

No don't be defeated. I hit the loading button as well when trying a ...cough...hybrid disk....cough. ..and the same thing happened. I put the Euro disk back in and had a 20amp battery charger hooked up and then 15min later the Nav. came back to life.

Just be patient, hook up the charger, insert the Euro disk. The 'Nav' button will be 'greyed' out...and just wait.

I think its all in the loading.kwi file on the disk. The NZ file is small. The Euro loading.kwi file is huge.

Is your NZ disk V6 or the new V7?

I am coming to the mount on Thursday.

Last edited by vs2; 06-17-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:15 PM

OK, that sounds encouraging. Can you send me the Euro disk? It hasn't come back to life with the NZ one, even after I went for a drive for more than 1/2 hour. Touching the Navigation button just produces a beep.
My NZ ones is V7.
I've pulle the cover off and the program memory looks like a Sharp 28F256 which is a 256 k flash chip, but I can't see any way of programming it via anything but the DVD drive. What is reassuring is that it has an area of OTP that will hold the boot code for sure, so if I can get a valid disk, it might yet come back to life.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:45 AM
vs2

I have emailed you. I am coming to Tauranga on Thursday and will bring the Euro disk with me.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Guys, I suggest you contact Andylee23 my conversion took all of 10 mins and is 100% s

OK, that sounds encouraging. Can you send me the Euro disk? It hasn't come back to life with the NZ one, even after I went for a drive for more than 1/2 hour. Touching the Navigation button just produces a beep.
My NZ ones is V7.
I've pulle the cover off and the program memory looks like a Sharp 28F256 which is a 256 k flash chip, but I can't see any way of programming it via anything but the DVD drive. What is reassuring is that it has an area of OTP that will hold the boot code for sure, so if I can get a valid disk, it might yet come back to life.
Guys, I suggest you get hold of Andylee23 my conversion took all of 10 mins and is 100% successful the wereis discs are only update maps not conversions
Lespres

Old 06-18-2012, 04:23 PM
vs2

Originally Posted by lespres
Guys, I suggest you get hold of Andylee23 my conversion took all of 10 mins and is 100% successful the wereis discs are only update maps not conversions
Lespres
Hi Lespres. I was in touch with Andylee23 a few months back. Updating by inserting the Euro Disk in 1st is I think is the answer as that particular disk does the update. We will try, it worked for me.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andylee23
Hi Lespres
I can probably help.
PM me
Cheers
Andy
HI can anyone help me with the latest dvd sat nav for NZ, ph 03 443 9290

Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Porlie
What's the model and year amd from where was your car imported ?

Old 08-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply. My Jaguar is a XF d S 2009 imported from the UK it uses a Denso system. I have tried using a lexus disc, no luck. Thanks Paul

Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
my s-type came from Japan and had a japanese disc in the satnav. but when I loaded the whereis V7 disc it seems to have updated everything. It all works the way its explained in the manual. My big complaint is that the latest whereis is not that up to date and seems to have missed some hwy changes etc. If I can help let me know.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 PM

HI,

Not sure if I am at the right place...

I've just received my X-type from Japan a couple of days ago, converted the all system to wstern europe as described in a previous thread but now I am stuck as I can't find any NZ sat nav disc? Can anyone helpl me with the latest dvd? Is it the same as ford is also using? Feel free to PM me. Thanks

Old 01-19-2013, 01:28 PM
GGG
Received 16,794 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Originally Posted by Anonymous_29
HI,

I've just received my X-type from Japan a couple of days ago, converted the all system to wstern europe as described in a previous thread but now I am stuck as I can't find any NZ sat nav disc? Can anyone helpl me with the latest dvd? Is it the same as ford is also using? Feel free to PM me. Thanks
Welcome to the forum Anonymous_29,

I'll leave this question about NZ SatNav DVD's in the Australia / New Zealand Region section as the guys here are most likely to have the answer to that one.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member - Intro a MUST section and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice on posting to the forum.

Hope you get the SatNav issue resolved.

Graham

Old 01-20-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Anonymous_29
HI,

Tried to send you a PM but it is not allowed.
Does the X-type use the same Denso system as the XK?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:29 PM

Pm should work as I already received a few of them....

I upgraded the full system to western europe v9.03. Everything is fine so now I just need to find a nz map dvd. Not sure if it is the same denso... How can I check this ?

Old 01-21-2013, 01:42 PM

I don't know, but if you do find out its the same, drop me a line.

Quick Reply: Navigation DVD Issue