XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Power Brakes - vacuum line routing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power Brakes - vacuum line routing?

Hi - this is my first technical question, and I'm feel rather stupid asking, but I am stuck.

97 xk8 - no power brakes (among many other problems, but I am attacking this one first since loss of vacuum may be the core of other issues).

I did search the forum, and see other people have traced the vacuum line from the brake booster (solid plastic line) to the induction elbow. When I trace the line from the booster, it disappears up into the firewall, and I see no exit.

Trying to trace it from the throttle body, I only see one vacuum line going to some type of servo on the driver sidewall, and from there to several t connections - but nothing that goes to the brake booster.

I installed the jtis and tried to search it for vacuum diagrams, but have not found any. I have seen the diagram for the brake booster and have properly identified the vacuum pipe, but there does not appear to be any further pictures or diagrams to know where it leads.

On the right hand side of the engine compartment (if you were sitting in the car), there appears to be a similiar plastic line that comes out and disappears under the ecm - I presume into the right fender - is this the location? If so, how is it getting vacuum from the intake?

Thanks in advance for advice - I can post pics if that helps!