Sponsored by:

No Seat Bottom Tilt Adjustment 97 XK8

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 02:33 PM
Red
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts
Default No Seat Bottom Tilt Adjustment 97 XK8

Hi all,

I am LOVING my recently acquired XK8 but she's in the shop at the moment having the upper tensioners, the transmission pressure control valve, and an alignment done.

I am about 6' tall and am finding the front edge thigh support of the driver's seat a bit inadequate on longer jaunts. I am looking to tilt up the front edge a bit.

I understand that there was no power tilt function on the pre-2001-ish XK8s so here are my questions:

- Are there any manual adjustments that can be made in how the seat attaches to its tracks?

- Are the seat mounting bolts long enough to let one add spacers to lift the front edge of the seat a little?

- Would a later, power-tilting seat track fit onto the earlier, high-back bucket seat?

Anyone have any thoughts, experiences, etc.?

Old 11-19-2016, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 430 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Red
Hi all,

I am LOVING my recently acquired XK8 but she's in the shop at the moment having the upper tensioners, the transmission pressure control valve, and an alignment done.

I am about 6' tall and am finding the front edge thigh support of the driver's seat a bit inadequate on longer jaunts. I am looking to tilt up the front edge a bit.

I understand that there was no power tilt function on the pre-2001-ish XK8s so here are my questions:

- Are there any manual adjustments that can be made in how the seat attaches to its tracks?

- Are the seat mounting bolts long enough to let one add spacers to lift the front edge of the seat a little?

- Would a later, power-tilting seat track fit onto the earlier, high-back bucket seat?

Anyone have any thoughts, experiences, etc.?
I needed extra leg room and re-mounted the seat to the rear by drilling new REAR mounting holes in the Seat Frame 1 1/4" forward of the originals.

Then I made Front Mounting Spacers that re-position the front mounting position 1 1/4" rearward, They also Tilt the Front of the seat up about 1".

You could just buy new longer Front Mounting Bolts and use Spacers.

Last edited by Paul Pavlik; 11-19-2016 at 05:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Paul Pavlik:
Red (11-19-2016), toaster (11-21-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Red
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Clever!