XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Mass Air Flow Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Received 161 Likes on 133 Posts
Default OEM Mass Air Flow Sensor

There are numerous posts on the forum regarding issues with non-OEM mass air flow sensor units. In the course of trying to fix some P0171 and P0174 problems, I decided to change the MAF sensor on my 2000 XK8. The OEM Denso unit's part number was LNE1620CA. When I tried to find that part, all I was able to find were crossover replacement numbers to a variety of brands, and supposedly identical units that fit Subaru, Mazda, Saab, Toyota, etc. I did purchase a $ 35 Walker unit that apparently some owners have had success with, but the fuel trims were way off, so I cleaned the original unit and put it back on the car, with the symptoms unchanged.

In continuing my search, I found that Partsgeek carries the Denso unit with the original part number (LNE1620CA). It was pricey ($ 117), but if it solves my problems, it will be worth it.

I'll follow up after I receive it and update this thread.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 1,043 Posts

You'd be better off searching by the Denso number. For the later 4.2L engine, the right one is Denso 197-6030. Not sure it is the same for the earlier 4.0. And yes, it crosses to a bunch of other brands. Mine was actually a Toyota part, but it works fine.

Earlier, I ordered another Denso part (different number) that supposedly crossed to the XK8, but that did not work, even if the part looked identical and fit perfectly including the plug. Again, the Denso number did NOT match for that part.

For these air flow meters, it is that frustrating dual thinking: Why waste your time/money on a cheap Chinese part when you want to keep your car working as new? On the other hand, why spend so much on a Jaguar part if it is actually the _same_ part, made in China anyway? I try and resolve this by looking at the feedback to these online eBay vendors. Some have very high volume, with very high feedback and sell lots of these sensors. If these parts were junk, the vendor rating would go down and you could tell.

Best of luck, keep us posted.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Received 161 Likes on 133 Posts

I spent a fair amount of time researching the original part number stamped on the sensor (LNE 1620CA) on the Denso site, and it's not recognized. As a matter of fact, they don't even list an application for the 2000 XK8. If you plug that number into an Amazon search, you'll find it crossed over to several aftermarket brands with varying prices and questionable application data. Amazon lists the Denso 197-6040 as the equivalent (along with the $ 35 Walker 245-1138 unit), but that's a $ 107 gamble. That's why when I found that Partsgeek carried the OEM Denso part number, I ordered it. Should be interesting to see what I get.

The Walker MAF sensor seemed to work alright, but with high LTFT trims at idle and an apparently richer mixture based on the AFR reading on my Torque Pro app (13.6:1 vs. 14.7:1 with the original sensor). Updates to come.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,276 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Hope it works for you. Keep us posted....