Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parked next to XK8 same model same year 1998 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts
Default Parked next to XK8 same model same year 1998 today

Had a cool experience today. Parked next to another 1998 convertible and met the owner. Exact same car except for color. I'd never seen black interior before - I envied it.

His car has the growler badges, mine a leader. What surprised me was to see a growler dead center on the trailing edge of the top of his trunk. Did all the 98s (without leapers?) Come this way?

Seemed like a nice guy. He was frustrated that his drivers seats frame had just broken by the front this morning. I told him about our forum, hopefully he will look up how to fix the seat and see this . I felt bad, as he drove away something hit me. He had complained about the temp gauge hitting red yesterday and matter of factly said maybe he should check the fluid. I tried to teach him about the idiot light functionality of the gauge, how serious it could be, even mentioned the real guage upgrade.

What bugs me is he has the same darn year as my car - the water pumps were defective from the factory. His description of the incident fit that perfectly. I forgot to tell him.

So I'm pretty much being neighborly here, if this guy Al follows my recommendation and takes a look here for instructions on how to fix the seat, he'll see this: you need to replace your water pump mate.

Come to think of it, I meant to ask him if the New Jersey police ever gave him a hard time about no front license plate. The cars look great without them.

Like I said, just being nice to a fellow X100 owner if I can.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 02:55 AM
GGG
Received 16,796 Likes on 12,166 Posts

John,

What about a .......?

Graham

Old 05-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I went to get liquor the other night and there was the regular car show that's there every Sunday. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a hard top. I pulled in and the guy came over. He has a 2006 blk/blk XKR and doesn't know a thing about his car. It looked like the towers were done recently. Beautiful car.
I invited him here and got his phone #.
All you can really tell someone is the temperature gage is an idiot light, DO NOT get it hot, and read this forum.

The following users liked this post:
Johnken (05-17-2017)