XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!! emission issuse.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!! emission issuse.

I have 2002 xkr... and it does not pass the emission for past 3years.

past 2 years... I spent more then $3000 on fixing everything.. GA clean air force give me the repair weaver to get my tag.

------------------------------------------------------------

I am not getting any error code on ECU.

OBD II diagnostics :
comprehensive components-not ready
Catalyst-not ready
Evaporative System- not ready

I did found out from dealership... after market air filter was making the car to drive too rich.

I had to purchase factory air box and everything is running perfect.
List of services.
-perform smoke test. (smoke arises from the breather hose going from throttle body underneath intake manifold as well as the elbow(which is no longer available)
-replace breather hoses and seal off elbow. (no leak and no faults codes)
-Fuel System treatment with ethanol conditioner (to absorb water in fuel)
-Injector cleaner to clean throttle body and intake system components)
-pro engine treatment for crank case additive.

Dealership told me to just drive....I been driving more then 2 month and 1000 miles on city and highway.

I am attaching screenshot (Torque)

thanks u for all your help.

IleeLee

Old 06-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

1. Is the MIL on. Would indicate a code set. I believe any emission related codes should be readable by a standard ODB reader.
2.ODB code 1000 indicates check incomplete. Code 11111 indicates test complete. I would expect a failure for GA Tag if the complete code is not set.
3. Any visible smoke from exhaust. My state checks ODB and exhaust.
4. A Jaguar specific test code(not readable by most ODB readers) could be blocking test completion.

Try a hard system reset, remove negative battery cable and touch to positive side.
You will have to drive for a while to see if this allows a test completion.

Also old weak batteries can allow electrical gremlins to cause trouble.

I would take car to a local emission test station and get the test output to evaluate your options.

The following users liked this post:
razorxl (06-27-2013)
Old 06-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm unsure if this is relevant but: My MY 2000 has an intermittent snag which I haven't managed to pin down, but I suspect is bad ECU software, usually right around the time that the annual Ministry of Transport (MoT) test is due.

The fault manifests itself such that the ECU will decide to ignore the Lambda probe outputs and simply operate in open loop mode at all times. This means that fuelling is based on a default map and does not take account of the actual engine behaviour. The consequence is that the engine runs slightly rich, not badly and never noticeably, but enough that it will fail the test.

(What should happen is that after 30 seconds of constant throttle the engine should go into a closed loop mode where fuelling is altered in real time, by the ECU, in response to the lambda reading.)

What is annoying with the software bug is that the ECU does not generate a fault code to indicate that it is never working in closed loop mode, and the only way to tell is to use a real time engine status monitor, such as AutoEnginuity, connected to the OBD port. There are two bits output which indicate open/closed loop status, one for each bank of cylinders.

As an aside: I know that fitment of non-Jaguar lambda probes can cause the same effect (i.e. refusal of the ECU to listen to the lambda probes) generally because heater resistance is out of limits, but this always generates a fault code.

I have learnt from experience that disconnecting the battery, leaving the car for a few minutes, and then re-connecting and running causes the ECU to revert to correct behaviour – but I never try to guess the behviour; I always check with a monitor.

Consequently, when I arrive at the test station I always do a battery disconnect/reconnect and it passes emissions testing without difficulty.

Hope this helps

razorxl (06-27-2013)
Old 06-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,063 Likes on 759 Posts

TID $0A means : EGR system flow malfunction (GA changing rate high)

So you need to focus on that one. Could be EGR unit, MAP sensor, vacuum tube leaking (or devices connected to that), egr pipe etc.

What are your ltft figures when idling?

razorxl (06-27-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks you for the info....
I replace the battery on my car and drive about 100miles.... it did not pass the emission test. it give same "not ready" on comprehensive components, catalyst and evaporative system.

I do have p1000 code.

I check my car with dealership... and service department didn't see any fault code on the car.

is replacing battery is same as hard reset? or I need to touch neg wire to positive side?

thanks again for your help.

In Lee

Old 06-27-2013, 05:56 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by razorxl
........... is replacing battery is same as hard reset? or I need to touch neg wire to positive side? ........
Whilst disconnecting the battery for a period of time (e.g. overnight) should give the same result as a 'hard reset', the surest and quickest way is to touch the terminals.

Graham

Old 06-27-2013, 06:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts