XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Seat knob

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Seat knob

Can the large power seat control thingy be replaced or am I stuck with replacing the entire 3 button assembly on the driver seat of my '05 XK8? The knob was broken off. The seat works okay otherwise. Please let me know where to start looking one besides a dealer (the most local one over 30 miles away doesn't like to do business over the phone or sell parts unless they install them and I am not a rich person.
Thanks,
Grnat

Old 12-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it will be possible to effectively replace only one button of the seat control switchpack, but maybe it could be glued back with epoxy. You would have to take the switchpack apart to investigate whether a good, long-lasting repair will be possible.

Alternatively, you can find a replacement switchpack on eBay for much less than your dealer will provide. Here is a link to an ivory-colored driver's switchpack for sale on eBay now: Jaguar XK8 2001 to 2006 Left Hand Seat Switch LJE6035ABNED Ivory Color New Part | eBay

Old 12-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the same problem, just one of the knobs is missing and don't want to pay $200 just for a knob. It's not really a big deal because I just use the memory button to position it to my preference. What I was hoping for is if someone has a broken one that they would like to let go. Everything works and I can move the seat back and forward by just pushing the stem that the button was on, it's just that sometimes it turns sideways and then doesn't move the seat until I reposition it.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Power Seat Control Knob

Have you all checked to make sure the knob is really broken? When I bought my car, the driver-side, middle forward/back knob was loose/seemed to be broken. After prying out the switch assembly from the seat and taking off the plastic cover, I found that the knob had simply become unsnapped from the micro switch below. The knob was not broken and easily snapped back on.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

On mine the knob is missing, the cream colored one that you use to move the seat back and forth. The white stem that would most likely connect to the micro switch is still there and the seat works, the stem sometimes twists sideways and won't push the micro switch, the knob that connects to the outside is missing. The big one on the right in the picture. I was thinking of looking for someone that has a broken switch one and just wants to get rid of it.