Sponsored by:

Prize Winner "Pressure Relief Valve" finally installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts
Default Prize Winner "Pressure Relief Valve" finally installed

Well, well boys and girls...

As some may remember I was the lucky winner of Gus's very generous prize drawing for a "Pressure Relief Valve" conversion kit for my 03 Vert.

See here for Gus's website and details on the kit: JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Also see here for the installation instructions:http://jagrepair.com/LSIKit/Jaguar%2...structions.pdf

It's taken me a little while to get this installed as I had a seal leak in my latch cylinder and sent it out to Top Hydraulics for repair, another great company to deal with, excellent service and quality repair, I shipped the latch on Monday and I had it repaired and back on Maui on Thursday the same week,, wow! Rec'ed an email when they got it and another with tracking when they shipped it, one day turn around, can't beat that! Wanted to get that fixed before I proceeded with the Pressure Relief Kit install.

Now back to Gus's Pressure Relief Kit.....

I can't say enough about how simple this kit is to install, took me 30 minutes start to finish, worked perfect the first time and no leaks from any of the new fitting locations.

I can't improve on Gus's web site instruction, link above, as they are easy to follow and spot on so I'll leave the details for you to read on the links.

Couple of notes;
1 - Be sure to read the instructions before starting, there is a note about loosening the T30 plug where hose #1 goes before removing the pump from it's mount. Pay attention to this, I did not! While I was able to get it out it was a PIA and I was worried about breaking "something" on the pump while trying to get enough leverage to loosen the plug.
2 - When installing hose #1 on the pump the 90 degree fitting next to it "may" interfere as noted in the instructions. In order to keep from cross threading this fitting be sure the above mentioned 90 degree fitting is not interfering. All I had to do was loosen the hose nut without taking it all the way off to get plenty of clearance to line up and secure hose #1 to the pump body. See pic 1 below.
3 - After everything is complete and tested and you have the pump reinstalled...Hose #1 sticks out just a little toward the inside of the trunk which causes the trunk liner to bulge a little at the top. It's not bad and I was able to "massage" the hose and the liner enough so that anyone else would not notice it.

As far as the install process that's all I have to add, again a great product from Gus.

Now, while I was working on this I noticed a couple areas on my hoses where they were rubbing on metal parts and the black plastic sleeve had come off. I inspected and added protection to all of these areas by wrapping electrical tape around the hose and then securing several plastic tie warps in a row on the hose to provide protection against the metal. See pic's 2 & 3 below

I must say I'm very happy to have the resistor mod off my car, it slowed the top down a lot. Now the top moves much faster and I have the peace of mind that my hoses are protected and will last much longer.

Thanks again to Gus for being a great partner on this Forum!

Attached Thumbnails Prize Winner "Pressure Relief Valve" finally installed-p1.jpg   Prize Winner "Pressure Relief Valve" finally installed-p2.jpg   Prize Winner "Pressure Relief Valve" finally installed-p3.jpg  
The following 5 users liked this post by Jandreu:
franksm (03-13-2016), Gus (03-12-2016), Jag#4 (03-13-2016), Jim D (03-13-2016), JimC64 (03-12-2016)