XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did I work on today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 06:02 AM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts
Default What did I work on today...

( yesterday) I replaced the upper spring/ shock bushings. I knew they started to look a little flaky with the hood opened.
Till, some guy at a car show pointed them out to me. Nothing said. Just one of those pointy fingers where you are suppose to get the point.
You know, one of those little points that your wife does at the garbage in the trash basket that needs to go out... Like you weren't just getting ready to do it anyway.
Worked out well. No coil springs in the mouth. Sits higher, rides better and the steering seems more responsive. All else in the front end is solid as new. Now my '99 55k mile XK8 looks great under the hood. Just waiting for the guy with the finger. When he asks, I'll just tell him he must have been seeing things. Besides, I was just getting ready to do them... Rich

Attached Thumbnails What did I work on today...-jag-shock-spring-top-bush.jpg  
Old 03-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 375 Likes on 309 Posts

Are those the Welsh Uppers off E-bay?

Your underhood looks excellent. Is it any louder with the open filter?

Old 03-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Hi Ungn, yes they are they Welsh units items # 311509183326 off of ebay. And yes, I have a nice rumble when you step lively into the throttle. Combo of the Mina rear can delete kit on the exhaust as well as the new intake. My tiger roars...
After a 60 mile road test with the new upper strut bushing replacement she rides and handles nice. Surprised how nasty the removed bushings looked with a car with only 55,000 miles on the odo. Rich