XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about XK8 CD Players

Old 07-14-2018, 12:35 AM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Question about XK8 CD Players

Hello all! I've been reading these forums for the longest time now and finally created an account! Thank you all for the troves of information!

Now I do have a quick question which I have searched every place (not just these Forums) for an answer: Do the Jaguar XK8 CD players require security codes/reprogramming if swapping between cars?

My current 6 disk CD player reads the "No CD's" error and we've tried fixing it (with numerous fixes found on the forums and elsewhere). Regrettably, it doesn't look promising. So we've considered buying a new one and are curious if this requires any re-programming. I've read online the "radio head unit" does, but little discusses about the CD player. Yet, some of the CD player listings we've found for CD players have clauses regarding programming being the responsibility of the purchaser.

So I'm curious if anyone has any information about whether any Jaguar XK8 CD player will work. And yes, I am referencing the non-fibre optic version, which wasn't as I've read, released until the 2002-2003 year when the Jag XK8 was updated. So this post is in regards to 2001 units.

Thank you for all your help in advance!

Dayton C.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytonc
Hello all! I've been reading these forums for the longest time now and finally created an account! Thank you all for the troves of information!

Now I do have a quick question which I have searched every place (not just these Forums) for an answer: Do the Jaguar XK8 CD players require security codes/reprogramming if swapping between cars?

My current 6 disk CD player reads the "No CD's" error and we've tried fixing it (with numerous fixes found on the forums and elsewhere). Regrettably, it doesn't look promising. So we've considered buying a new one and are curious if this requires any re-programming. I've read online the "radio head unit" does, but little discusses about the CD player. Yet, some of the CD player listings we've found for CD players have clauses regarding programming being the responsibility of the purchaser.

So I'm curious if anyone has any information about whether any Jaguar XK8 CD player will work. And yes, I am referencing the non-fibre optic version, which wasn't as I've read, released until the 2002-2003 year when the Jag XK8 was updated. So this post is in regards to 2001 units.

Thank you for all your help in advance!

Dayton C.
The disc player in the boot/trunk is a straight forward change over. Unplug old one plug in new one and you're set to go.

The following users liked this post:
Daytonc (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 653 Likes on 462 Posts

As above BUT early (up to around 1999) cars had Harmon Kardon kit. and later cars had Alpine kit. The wiring is totally different as are the plugs. Make sure you get the correct one for your car, and it should work without any security codes or programming.

The following users liked this post:
Daytonc (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 12:14 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks mates! I'll definitely watch out for the old Harmon Kardon units and ensure I get an Alpine one!

Appreciate it!

~Dayton C.