XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator Reservoir Relocation(Twin Cold Air)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radiator Reservoir Relocation(Twin Cold Air)

I am doing a custom hood on my 2001 xkr with twin cold air filters. Running the cold air pipe down the passenger side is no problem, running the cold air pipe down the drivers side is a totally different beast. I've relocated the fuse box on the driver side to passenger side up by the headlight, the problem I have is relocating the radiator water reservoir to make room for the cold air pipe on the drivers side, the question I have is when relocating the reservoir can it be mounted lower or does it have to be the highest point in the coolant system. Once I find a location I can customize the coolant hoses to fit.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Received 387 Likes on 269 Posts

It is a sealed, pressurized system and height only matters to the extent that it is higher than any open atmosphere overflow tank that might be present and connected to it.

The following users liked this post:
revauto (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 11:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks WhiteHat, if I can mount it anywhere in the engine bay there is one small spot that i can use but I might have to make my own coolant reservoir to fit.Will keep you posted. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks, will be posting pictures of my twin cold air intake when completed in carbon fiber, if anyone else is interested in doing this to theirs.