XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear window shade

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default rear window shade

Hi all, been awhile since I posted anything. Got the car looking and running nicely. the third brakelight was missing when I got it, so replaced that and the rear package shelf. Got me thinking about a "shade" for the back window. I'"ve got the silver fabric ones for the windshield, but it would be great to cover up the back to save the new shelf. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 08-29-2017, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Oh do you mean while parked? Which vehicle do you have year/model?

Old 08-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup, while parked. I have a full cover, but sometimes that's not practical. 2001 XKR

Old 08-30-2017, 12:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only company I know that makes a rear shade for an XK8 coupe is Heatshield, and they're fantastic, cheap, and handmade in CA. They're the CocoMats of sunshades...

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/vehi...guar-xk8-coupe

As you predicted it's a raging PITA to install, but the fit is spot on. To help address I custom ordered mine with no suction cups (email the company) as I've found on my XJR they don't hold that well in the heat, plus they're fugly and eventually tear out. Instead I put adhesive magnets on the shield and some very small ones on the glass. Works like a charm... Make sure to get one set N-polarity and the other side S-polarity

Neodymium Manget w/ Adhesive | CMS Magnetics

N52 1"x1/16" Neodymium Rare Earth Disc Magnet w/ 3M Adhesive on N or S - CMS Magnetics, Inc