XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat switch

Old 06-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default seat switch

Hi all-I have a question I hope someone can help me with. the seat switches on my 2001 xkr are broken. the button that controls the seat forward/back, etc is not attached. There are many switches F/S on ebay, but not sure which one is correct. Does anyone have the correct part numbers? is the driver side a 6 or 8 way switch? is the pass. side the same as driver side? I'm getting the seats recovered in a couple of weeks, so want to coordinate this process. Also, can the switch be replaced with the seat in the car, or does it have to come out? Thanks!!!

Old 06-13-2017, 03:23 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

From what I could find, the only difference in seat switches is later models have headrest up/down.

No need to remove the seat they just pop out but be careful as the tabs in the seat holder are prone to breaking (many threads on that).

What color is your interior? I have a pair available in SDZ from a 2003 XK8 that has the power headrests. PM if interested

Old 06-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks to member "dsd" for his response. I have located a pair of switches from a salvage yard, and the part # on those starts with LJ. the switches that "dsd" has start with 1D. I'm guessing that the part is the same, but different part #'s due to older/newer XKR model. Can anyone shine some light on this? Thanks

Old 06-13-2017, 06:03 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

The switches are either 8 or 12 way. Depending on whether you have headrest control.

The numbers on the sticker on the back of my parts are not the part number. They all start with LJ. Go to a parts catalog (sponsors sites have them online) and lookup for your VIN. You can call the dealer too.

Best!

Old 06-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Don't forget that up down was an option controlled by front forward back switch. Not sure if it was also available on passenger seats, I have it on driver side only. If your seats have up down motor be sure to get switch to support this.

I'm pretty sure it was option only in 98, don't know about your year.