XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

source for inexpensive auxiliary water pump?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default source for inexpensive auxiliary water pump?

Since I've joined the world of Jaguar ownership, I've come to find that replacement parts seem to vary wildly in price, I need a auxiliary water pump for my 01 XK8 coupe, but I see it priced from $280.00 to $600.00 for the same part, anyone have a source for a new or already rebuilt one for less? I have seen the great post about replacing the brushes in the motor, it's just not something I able to do , time wise (pulling out the old one, finding a source for new brushes, getting the tools to install them, waiting for delivery of said parts and tools, while the car sits etc)
Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

Last edited by cadmat; 01-27-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 475 Likes on 311 Posts

You might consider getting the part from a Jaguar specific salvage yard, they will pull it and can probably ship it to you. I am a tightwad and enjoy going to a pull- it -yourself yard, but they can be a real time waster if you don't find what you need or don't like getting dirty. A full service yard is probably best. For example, Elite auto parts is located in Sun Valley. (I don't have any experience with them, but their website looks pretty good). You don't want to install a used part in unknown condition. Labor costs are a big expense, I wouldn't take a chance on just any used part. Take the part to a shop that will rebuild it for you, it will probably only need cleaning, lubing and new brushes. Then either have the same shop install the refurbished part or you can do it yourself. This will eliminate the downtime caused by pulling the original part and rendering the car undriveable. I rebuilt the auxiliary pump in my x300. It had over 150k and all it needed was a clean up and new brushes. Brushes were sourced from a R.C. hobby shop. Good luck. By the way, I love the XK8 coupes, much rarer than the convertibles around here.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:20 PM
Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

This is what I just purchased for my 06 XK 4.2. I don't know if the 4.0 engines have a different pump. There are a couple of members here that have used them. I plan on unscrewing the electric motor and replacing only the electric motor half, not the end with the hoses since it is designed different. I figured for under $60 shipped for a Bosch product, it shouldn't be bad. It shipped from Latvia from the seller I purchased from, and took two weeks to get here. They could have packaged it much batter for shipping, but it doesn't appear the pump is damaged in any way. I planned to install it today, but it is pretty cold, so may wait a little. Hope this gives you another decent option.

BOSCH universal auxiliary additional electric water pump 0392020034 | eBay