Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless Exhaust

Hi Guys

I want to give all you UK XK8 & R Jag enthusiasts the benefit of a gamble that I took, which worked out better than I could have hoped!

I had been thinking for a while about ditching my standard exhaust on my XKR and fitting a stainless steel unit. The old unit was starting to look a bit worn and when I looked at the cost of a new Jag unit the stainless steel kit was not much more money.

After looking around the exhaust suppliers in the UK and being quoted everything up to the price of a new car to fit a stainless kit, I looked into the sensible end of the market and decided that the sound was a big part of what I wanted. I had listened to a number of kits that had been fitted to other XK`s and was not happy with some of what I heard. They ranged to barely street legal, to boy racer, to tractor!!!

I was advised to go see a guy in Bournemouth who has fitted bespoke S/S Kits to other sports cars such as Mercedes SL, Aston Martin, TVRetc, so I considered that he knew what he was doing.

We discussed it and I tentatively agreed to book the car in for a re-fit.

The day came and I delivered the car and got lost for a few hours!

On my return to the garage the car was still on the hoist and had not been started. Agleaming new S/S exhaust looked good, but I was apprehensive of the sound that it would make as it looked aggresive.

The hoist was lowered and it was time to find out if I had made a big mistake!

My instructions were to make the car sound sporty, butnot noisy, powerful but not abrasive!!!

I climbed into the car and fired her up.

I normally have a big smile on my face whenever I drive the car as I love the look and feel of it, but as I turned the key my smile just got bigger and bigger. the sound was perfect. the low growl that came out of the back of the car was subtle but powerful, I raised the revs and the growl got louder, but smoother, I blipped the throttle and the growl became a snarl. She was perfect and sounded like the big cat that she is. I looked out of the rear windscreen and the guys in the garage were all grinning like big silly kids.

I had made the right decision!!!

If anyone wants the details of the company that built and fitted the unit for me then e-mail me onnickmd@hotmail.co.uk and I will pass on the details and cost.

It was worth every penny!

Old 03-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: Stainless Exhaust

it's always a good feeling when you get exactly what you want.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Stainless Exhaust

How about some pics and a sound clip?