US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Exhaust NW Houston

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Exhaust Shop NW Houston

I had the resonators and valves cut out on my 2011 XFR last week and have been back to Tomball Exhaust three times to get it correct.

When they initially did the work there was a metallic clicking sound coming from the right muffler, my first thought was exhaust leak or they left debris they also welded part of the valve back on the muffler to fill the hole which was no bueno it looked like crap.

I took it back Thursday to have the clicking sound fixed they thought it was debris and by all indications the sound was gone but they welded the hole shut with the valve part again after I told them not to.

Friday comes and I take it back again to have the mufflers plugged with a piece of steel and while they got that right the clicking sound is back. At this point I will never be taking a vehicle to them again. If you zoom in on the picture you can see a nice crack that runs from almost top to bottom on the weld I am betting it is just a surface crack but still unacceptable.

Does anyone have recommendations for an exhaust shop on the NW side of town to have that clicking sound looked into and to have those holes cleaned up properly.

They also used a saw to cut the "plugs" off the muffler and in doing so they took a chunk out of the muffler and did a terrible job sealing it with a glob of garbage.

For those that say take it back it isn't going to happen so save your breath.

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust NW Houston-20150928_192614.jpg  
Old 10-17-2015, 04:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am with you on that one. It has been my experience in life that when you start with a cluster you invariably end up with a cluster

Old 10-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by markb721
I am with you on that one. It has been my experience in life that when you start with a cluster you invariably end up with a cluster
Thats my opinion as well, I am still trying to find a shop. I guess in a way it is a good thing after seeing the results of the bullet mufflers and magnaflow x pipe someone put on their supercharged xj. That sounds really tempting now and instead of getting the stock mufflers repaired properly I might get the new ones.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like perhaps God was trying to tell you something....It is only money you may as well spend it on something like bullet mufflers and an x pipe because you know that will bring a smile to your heart every time you romp on it