XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

In a stunning development ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 314 Posts
Default In a stunning development ...

One of the keeper of the keys has decided that the discussion of the mechanics (behaviors of pumps and motors) behind the Voltage Reduction system is not suitable for this Forum section. This despite the fact that nobody other than XK8/R users could have an interest, and all users of it, all questions about it, come from the same population.

I suspect my noting this may be a post with a short lifetime. This is nuts.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the try.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,112 Likes on 933 Posts

For those that regularly read this forum I think the message is that, never mine the underlying merits of a subject, a position in moderator hierarchic that has strong position in this discussion can override the intent of the forum.

Yes, GUS that is directed to you.

. . . and I would like my pump back.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  19.3 KB

Dennis - I see no reason why the post would be removed to date.

Test Point - I cannot understand your comments? This has nothing to do with Gus. Translator has moved the post in his role as Supermoderator and he has no interest in either side of the debate. Therefore, I assure you that your comments towards Gus are misdirected.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JimC64

Dennis - I see no reason why the post would be removed to date.

Test Point - I cannot understand your comments? This has nothing to do with Gus. Translator has moved the post in his role as Supermoderator and he has no interest in either side of the debate. Therefore, I assure you that your comments towards Gus are misdirected.
Whatever his motivations, this was an an intrusion into an ongoing discussion, with no benefit to anyone, and a net loss to people interested.

No questions, no nothing, just pull the trigger. Very heavy-handed. This is "his role as Supermoderator"?

Almost forgot:

Not content to just move the thread, also the editorial comment "so far we have had no mention of ' Convertible Top Voltage Reduction: underlying mechanics' .

Well, if a discussion of pressure and torque in pumps is not mechanics, or this stuff does not clearly underly the operation of the system in question, I am at a loss to understand.

Last edited by Dennis07; 08-22-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: almost forgot ...
Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 27

Dennis, firstly, moderators / supermoderators / admin do not intrude into any posts or topics here. Generally most if not all posts are read to some degree and changes / alterations , moves etc are made as seen fit, as in line with most decently set up sites.

We do whatever is thought of as best for the site in all respects!

Old 08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

Dennis, firstly, moderators / supermoderators / admin do not intrude into any posts or topics here. Generally most if not all posts are read to some degree and changes / alterations , moves etc are made as seen fit, as in line with most decently set up sites.

We do whatever is thought of as best for the site in all respects!
Jim,

I have no doubt that you do that. Maybe a little consultation with someone who's trying to work a problem before moving a thread would be worth the effort.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 26

As stated, I suggest that you pm Richard and put your points across to him.

If he feels they are valid he may have a change of heart and move the thread back.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

As stated, I suggest that you pm Richard and put your points across to him.

If he feels they are valid he may have a change of heart and move the thread back.
Thanks, I'll have to pass on that. He made the call without any input from me; I can't see trying to talk him out of it.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 32

your call.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Hey guys, first off I would like to make it quite clear that Gus did NOT have anything to do with me moving the above mentioned post.

He was NOT involved in any way.

I moved it, and gave my reasons in post 22 of the thread.

(the gist of which, is that this is a discussion about hydraulic pumps in general and is not XK8 specific but applies to pumps in many different applications, and is maybe of interest to people who inhabit other sections of the Forum, who might not see it in the XK8 section. So far I note that there have been replies from people who run hydraulic pumps in applications as divers as aircraft landing gear.)

I have nothing personal against any of the members on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter, I'm just not that type of person, and I also have no vested interest in either electronic, or mechanical solutions to a burst hose problem.

However, I will tend to step in, in my capacity of Supermoderator if I believe that a thread is better placed in a different sub forum, or is becoming too, he said, she said... and is going around in circles.

I am human, and I am not too full of myself to admit that I can make mistakes.

To the OP, you have been invited to contact me via PM, to outline where the 'moved' post was heading and why it is XK8 specific.

If it then transpires that the thread would be better placed in a different section, I will move it again.

And finally, please guys, cut out the personal type comments in posts, they do no one any good, and in the case above can be just plain incorrect.

If you have a gripe about me, another moderator, or any member of the forum please send me a PM. I will always look into it and will reply as I see fit, but rest assured, I will not hold it against you for having sent the PM, it shows that you care about something.

This thread is now closed, enough has been said here.