XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Successful Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 09:44 PM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Smile Successful Day

Managed to get oil pan removed, cleaned, and reinstalled. Had to reuse gasket as I was sent wrong one but old was in excellent shape. Just put gasket sealer on and worked good. Tensioner were replaced by po so was unsure about debris in pan but it was almost non existent. Also pulled screen and cleaned. Now, on to trans filter and gasket.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by Dale Dunn
Just put gasket sealer on and worked good.
Dale, without meaning to correct you, experienced mechanics often point out that gasket sealer can be a problem as it can ooze out on the inside of the pan as you bolt it back up, work itself loose, and end up clogging an oil passage. With the amount of work you have put into this car, I would hate to see that happen. You might want to wait for the right gasket to come along. Just my thoughts.

Best of luck, keep us posted.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 775 Likes on 466 Posts

Dale, working from memory, sometimes I think my Jaguar is more reliable than my memory. I got a Lincoln LS gasket kit for my engine rebuild and the oil pan is one that didn't match up. I had to order one for a jaguar.
Also if you are going to do a fluid change for the transmission it is a good time to upgrade the pressure valve. Recently discussed in Johnken post.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ace-me-178737/

Old 03-28-2017, 12:26 PM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Bob, I already have valve on hand and fmertz I was really careful and light with sealant. Just barely spread thin layer