XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is it?

I need help identifying the part that is right next to (sort of forwand and a bit lower), the radiator expansion tank on a 1997 XK8, looks to have a vacuum connection and a electrical connector...want to know what this does. Thanks for any help

Old 12-06-2012, 04:24 AM
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by deelli
I need help identifying the part that is right next to (sort of forwand and a bit lower), the radiator expansion tank on a 1997 XK8, looks to have a vacuum connection and a electrical connector...want to know what this does. Thanks for any help
a picture would help.can you post?

Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 369 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by deelli

Sounds to me like you're describing the Evaporative Emissions Canister Purge Valve. I've attached a PDF below, which contains the description and function of this part as outlined in JTIS.

Attached Files
Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by The Coupe
Sounds to me like you're describing the Evaporative Emissions Canister Purge Valve. I've attached a PDF below, which contains the description and function of this part as outlined in JTIS.

This is it and the information helped a lot...thank you so much for sharing.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=The Coupe;634541]Sounds to me like you're describing the Evaporative Emissions Canister Purge Valve. I've attached a PDF below, which contains the description and function of this part as outlined in JTIS.
.[/QUOTE

Now right below the EECPV, there is a smaller vacuum line (near the two fuel pipes), was does it go to?
Thanks again